Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

backwoodsmom

Featured Post Appears Twice

backwoodsmom

The featured image appears twice in a single post. Once as the featured image, and then again as the 'thumbnail'. However, if I click the box to hide the thumbnail, it also hides it in my blog roll page. How do I hide only the extra picture in the post page and leave the blog roll images intact?

Sample: http://backwoodsmom.com/2012/08/this-blog-is-not-real/

Thanks,

Keri 

backwoodsmom

Okay, I just figured out why that wasn't working for me. I had both the Blog roll page and the Single Post page linked to the the same template...so everything I changed on one, changed on the other. I just changed the templates to different ones and all is well now. Whew. Hours of frustration wasted on a two minute fix. Sigh...

Thanks. Problem resolved. 

batman

No problem, I´m glad to help you.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

dario

This helped me today, but I do not understand why?

Maybe a better question is why WP shows the featured image twice in the first place?

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Hi Pagelines team and wider community,
      I am looking to develop a single post page for my blog. I have read over an old article on the subject, however the link provided on achieving this goal was giving me security warnings. Is there any way I can get round this?
      Secondly, I have had a root around the .zip file provided on my sites backup, however was unable to locate any file in there with the name of Single.php. Does this file exist in the Pagelines theme?
      By the way, this is the unsafe article: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/ (Click at your peril).

• frakture
      By frakture
      Hi there, 
      I'm looking to use the Powerloop option to display my blog posts on our homepage – however, I only want the title (in a smaller font size) and the Read More button to display. Is there a way to do this? We had achieved it on a previous version, but I'm not figuring it out now (and don't know if standard settings have changed since then). Our homepage is www.frakture.com . Forgive me if there is a super simple solution! ;-) 
      Thanks in advance!
      Dawn
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc. 

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      How do you move the thumbnail on a blog post?  I need the thumbnails for the blogroll page, but they show up at the top of the actual post page.  Normally, this would be fine, but I've been requested to put it under the blog title.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.