This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edited/customized Docker no longer sticking to top of browser

I am experiencing problems with the docker.

So I've created a child theme and duplicated the docker section so I could customize the links used in the docker.

In order to have the docker show up in the add section part of the dms2 front-end I changed the name and class.

I changed the class PLdocker to PLdocker2. This allowed it to show up in the add section menu without overriding the old Docker which I also need.

However since I changed the class, the script which makes the docker stick to the top of the browser doesn't seem to be functional.

I assume when I changed the class name it threw something out of whack but I am unable to locate where I would change to code in order to accommodate the new class name.

I know you guys can't really offer proper support for customization but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Hopefully it's clear what the problem is, I'm not too hot on the php/scripting side of things.

Thanking you,

What do you mean you customized the links in Docker ? What is the actual purpose of customizing or making a child section ?

Also, can you copy and past the information you have edited in the sections.php file please, we only need lines 1-11

Please search our forums, before posting!

I customized the links in Docker because I want to be able to populate the docker with specific links that are not from a custom post type.

What I mean by "customized the links in Docker" is that I removed the code which generated the links  and replaced it with my specific links.

Here's the link to the site so you might get a better understanding of what i'm trying to achieve.

Here's the code: 

Section: Docker Capabilities
	Author: PageLines
	Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com
	Description: The easiest way to add docs to WordPress. Docker has a sticky sidebar and can use any registered post type.
	Class Name: PLDocker7
	Filter: format, dual-width

class PLDocker7 extends PageLinesSection {

OK, the issue you have is that all the scripts required for Docker to have the sticky functionality, are all giving off a 404. The scripts are trying to load from the following location:

This means the folder is not there or you're using a different directory name, this needs to be addressed and once it has, your issue will be resolved.

Please be aware that due to your creating a child of a section and editing it the way you have, our staff are unable to provide any further assistance. As this is considered user created code.

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst" 
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Hi Pagelines team and wider community,
      I am looking to develop a single post page for my blog. I have read over an old article on the subject, however the link provided on achieving this goal was giving me security warnings. Is there any way I can get round this?
      Secondly, I have had a root around the .zip file provided on my sites backup, however was unable to locate any file in there with the name of Single.php. Does this file exist in the Pagelines theme?
      By the way, this is the unsafe article: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/ (Click at your peril).
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am working on a multisite installation and had some questions regarding the themeing options. All the sites will have the same structure but each individual site would need a different h1 font and link color. I had originally thought that I would program/edit the parent theme to have a certain set of templates, font sizes, etc. and then that would feed to all the individual sites where I could activate the child theme and use the child theme to define the individual sites' specific link color, heading fonts, etc. So, what I was shooting for was:
      Parent theme = shared by all sites
      Child theme = specific to the minor customizations on a per site basis.
      Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding how these would actually deploy to the different sites?
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      Should be a simple answer but not sure why its not doing this.  I have a child theme installed on pagelines 5 that has a hook so it will write over the theme css. Strange is that when I am on the frontend the code works but in the dashboard your theme takes over my code and its no where to be found. See examples attachments
      @Andrew @Danny

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.