Sign in to follow this  
dandersonphoto

Still Unable to get a Photo on Feature Page

dandersonphoto

Andrew, I still can't get a photo on feature page. Is there a size requirement for adding a photo to the feature? All I get is a "?" when I try to add an image.

Kate

Hello - Would you mind posting a link, please? Thanks, Kate

Kate

Thanks for the link dandersonphoto. To be clear: you're trying to add an image via "Feature Media Image" not "Feature Background Image", correct? Also, you're receiving a "?" in the admin panel? Would you be able to provide a screenshot? EDIT: BTW: The size should not be an issue. It will just cut-off the parts of the image that overflow. Thanks, Kate

dandersonphoto

Not sure how to upload the screenshot here. I receive the message in the features panel. I go to features and replace the image there.

Kate

Okay, thanks for the screenshot. A couple quick questions: Have you attempted to upload media via the built-in WordPress feature? It's possible it's a permissions issue in your uploads directory. Second: Have you tried uploading a "Feature Background Image"? Do you get the same result?

dandersonphoto

I get the same thing when I use the background image upload.

Kate

Okay. And what happens if you try uploading a photo via Media->Add New in the left column?

Kate

So each of those images were just uploaded today? Or, did you upload them previously? I'm just trying to see if the image upload was working previously. There's a couple possibilities... Again, it's possible there's either a permissions issue on the "uploads" folder (located in the wp-content) folder, or for some reason that folder is missing. (Did you move the site recently, for instance?) A suggestion: when you select "edit" for one of the images, you should be provided with an image URL. Copy and paste that into the address bar. If the images are actually in the folder, you should be taken directly to the chosen image.

dandersonphoto

Permissions is fine and the wp-content folder is there. I just had Host Gator do a check on everything. I sent Andrew my admin login to see if he could go in and look at the issue. I really like the site but it is very expensive and I can't use all the features. I'm uploading in the right place and it still won't upload any image to that front page.

bryan-hadaway

Just to go back a little and check the gas on everything... are you using the latest versions of everything, especially PlatformPro? Please check your LaunchPad account: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php to make sure. Also, in the meantime as a workaround you could simply upload images via FTP and copy their URL's. Thanks, Bryan

dandersonphotomaccom

I just updated everything from the launchpad and still no luck. Not sure how to FTP. I've never done that before but I'm willing to learn if you could offer some guidance as to wher to go or start.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Donna, What host do you use? They should have a tutorial on FTP, a lot of hosts handle it differently. Searching your account or support/knowledge area of your hosts website it should be too difficult to track down. If you have trouble let me know the host and I'll track down the info. Thanks, Bryan

dandersonphotomaccom

Should I try restoring the layout.

cmunns

Donna, Do you have any plugins that use uploading/redirecting/ajax or anything like that? As always we can one by one eliminate each variable...but we haven't eliminated plugins yet :)

Andrew

disable all your plugins.

dandersonphotomaccom

Andrew I disabled my plugins and the upload still did not work. I did however try to upload an image with Imgur and that worked for now. I want that button to work but this will do until a fix is released. I greatly appreciate everyone at Pagelines who has worked with me to try to solve this. I'll keep you posted as I keep working with this, and you guys keep me posted on when a fix or update is coming.

cmunns

Donna it is hard for us to fix or update this since we are unable to duplicate the problem. First we need to identify why this is happening. Are you able to set up a subdomain for testing purposes with a fresh install of wordpress and Platform? If we can get a "naked" install and the problem STILL exists then we can go further, but again we need to eliminate variables.