Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aldo

Segmenting post by dat0065

Aldo

Of topic from Pageline but may find my solution in the forum by knowledgeable person. I have posts that are “press releases” that are on one page called press releases that is a category in wordpress. So far works fine. Buy I am asked if we can have the in segments by date. Such as. Current month, last month this year and older than a year?

Anyone have an solutions for me?

Thanks

Aldo

Aldo

Segmenting post by DATE. Gee what happened there :( sorry about hat.

Danny

Hi,

WordPress sorts your posts by date, but you can not divide them the way you like, out-of-the-box. The only way for you to do this would be to:

1. Customize or create your loop section

2. Use a third party plugin such as MiniLoops and add your posts to a page, using the plugins shortcode.

3. Create a custom post type, call it “press releases”, then add a custom taxonomy called Dates, then in that add every month (like categories). Once you have, add any posts you have made in August to the August taxonomy, September to September and so on. Then you can use the Masonic section to filter between them.

If you go with option 3, you may want to use this plugin to convert your posts to a your custom post type - https://wordpress.org/plugins/convert-post-types/

Please search our forums, before posting!