Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antipodes

iBox Fonts missing latest font awesome icons

antipodes

The list I see does not match the current release which is a while ago now, how can I keep fontawesome updated in DMS ?  When selecting icons its a slow process, and so making a list and finding them missing in DMS is quite a pain.

thanks

Danny

Hi,

Which ones are missing ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

antipodes

aerrrrr  they were in the screen shot, small though it was... so the short answer is all the good ones..

Binoculars comes to mind, i guess all the most recent release.  if I scan the fa cheat shed, it seems to have 10% more or so...it just look alike pl have not loaded the latest fonts or code or both.. so I was wondering how to do that..

Simon

DMS 2.1.5 has font awesome 4.1

Font Awesome 4.2 was released 5 days ago, so we'll update the font in DMS in a future update.

antipodes

Oh really, I had the dates wrong, thanks;

If I can ask though, given the general availability of these icon fonts, it would be nice if I could just update them myself by loading them in a child theme, I am not sure what you guys have to do to replace 4.1 with 4.2; if there is anything different in your code ?

What I think some of us are after is a way to load our own customised font icon library, and be able to preview the font in the selector like the font awesome cheat sheet - perhaps these are feature requests; I will raise them that way if there is any chance of getting it in.

thanks again

Danny

Due to Font Awesome being part of DMS in the way of being able to select icons and preview them in some sections, it is not a simple case of updating the files.

When you say this:

What I think some of us are after is a way to load our own customised font icon library, and be able to preview the font in the selector like the font awesome cheat sheet 

What do you mean exactly, as the Font Awesome Cheat sheet is just HTML listing all the icons ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

antipodes

Ahh no, not quite.. when I use the icon selector in iBoxes, it gives the name but not the icon itself.... and as you can guess the icon might represent many things so its good to get a visual on it.

for example like the better font awesome plugin

http://s3.izu.io/pl/bfa.png

...actually the idea that the font awesome icons should be always up to date come from there...

cheers

antipodes

Yes, but that's after it's selected, while I guess it might add some overhead,  the better font awesome preview in tinymce doesn't seem to slow things down... how much work that is to achieve, is quite another thing. :cigar: