Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8216az7373

disapearing features

8216az7373

Frameworks 2.5.4

Site: Scottfarmer.info

I logged on to my site today and see that the Features and Boxes options are missing. They are not longer visible in the menu or the site.

I dont understand what happened.

batman

Hi 8216az7373

Please, you can try to deactivate all your plugins and remove all your custom CSS, for a moment, to see if this resolves the issue.

Don´t forget the W3 Total Cache...

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

8216az7373

I re-installed the Frameworks and they came back, but it gives me an error that the theme is not loaded correctly. 

Actual Message: 

Install Error!

PageLines Framework must be installed in a folder called 'pagelines' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /home/content/65/7682965/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines-6

But renamed the page lines-6 folder to pagelines and that did not work. So, I do not know how to install it correctly, apparently.

​I turned off all page lines themes. Then uploaded a new frameworks .zip file, but that does not seem to be what it wants.

Danny

If you're installing PageLines Framework and the directory is being given this name, you either have multiple installations of PageLines Framework hence the -6 labelling. I mentioned this to you in another one of your topics, where you had PageLines Framework installed in a directory called pagelines-5.

I gave you instructions on that topic on how to resolve your issue here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/36385-feature-tool-arrows/

If you follow those steps, you will install PageLines Framework correctly. 

Also, please be aware that W3 Total Cache or any cache plugin for that matter, will not resolve your hosting performance issue, all it will do is mask the problem which you have. By this, I am referring to the 1000 websites hosted on the server your site is hosted on. This means, you're using shared hosting, shared hosting is cheap web hosting and is known for its poor performance.

If you want to have a speedy website, then installing W3 Total Cache isn't the answer, the answer is to move your site to a different hosting environment or move host entirely. Given that your current host has populated your domain on a server with 999 other websites, I am inclined to think that they're not very good. Therefore, I would recommend you either invest in a VPS from either Digital Ocean or Linode or if you want an easy life i.e. not having to manage or install PHP, Nginx/Apache, MySql and just want to use WordPress in a fast and secure environment, then I would recommend FlyWheel.

If you use any of the above i.e. a VPS or FlyWheel, you will have no performance issues, in fact you won't even need to use a cache plugin. As cache plugins really should only be used on sites that receive huge traffic in my opinion.

Please search our forums, before posting!