Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahusarek

Link Featured Image to External URL?

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

Hi, I'm looking for a way to link a featured image on a post page to another site URL. I know there's probably a lot of info on Wordpress about this, but it seems like the type of thing that would be theme specific. 

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

I should have added I would still like the featured thumbnails to link to the posts, I just want the featured image on the post itself to link to another site. Thanks!

Simon    247
Simon

You could disable the featured image on the post, and add your own image into the post content and link it anywhere.

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

Hi Messer, thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like a reasonable workaround that should definitely be a lot easier than messing with php. I'll give it a shot and report back. 

• Similar Content

• globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there
      I have postgrid on a new site I am developing and want to try using png images as a featured image, but they are rendering on the page as a black square?
      Any ideas as to why? 
      the site example is here http://orionglobalms.com/ scroll down to our services section and the first one has a png image as a featured image

Many thanks
      Paul

• MissT
      By MissT+
      The featured images from the search results page seem to be missing - the featured images are there when you view the individual posts and on the Magazine section blog page but there are broken links on the Search Results page. See screen shot...
      WP - 4.4.2
      Platform5 - 5.0.132
      Can provide a link to the site privately.
      Many thanks in advance.

• opwolken
      By opwolken
      I'm wondering if it's possible to apply the featured image to a page's canvas area?
      I would like to have the featured image in a canvas on the matching page.
      Thanks!
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Hi, I would like to know how to change my featured image on the post page to be the medium size instead of the thumbnail. I would like the thumbnail size to stay at 150x150px on the blog list view, but on the actual post page I want it to show 300x300px. Having trouble with this. Thanks!

http://brkichdesigngroup.com/fitwithmai/recipes/peanut-butter-oatmeal/