Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahusarek

Section Overlapping Footer?

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

Hi, every so often, I'll notice that the last section/column on a page overlaps my footer. It seems like this happens when the page takes a long time to load. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and is there a way to prevent it? 

So far I've noticed this happen in Chrome and Safari for web and iOS. Haven't seen it in FF, but I assume it's a browser-wide issue. If I change the browser size by dragging the edge in or out a little, the overlap goes away. 

The only plugins I'm using are from the DMS store, except for a portfolio plugin that is really nothing more than a custom post type. 

Here is my custom CSS:

.revslider-container h2.slider-text {
font-weight: 300;
color: #fff;
-webkit-transition: all 0.3s linear;
-moz-transition: all 0.3s linear;
-ms-transition: all 0.3s linear;
transition: all 0.3s linear;
margin-bottom: 15px;
font-weight: inherit;
margin: 0;
font-size: 140px;
line-height: .75em;
}

body .site-wrap {
background: #fff;
z-index: 0;
-webkit-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-moz-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-ms-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
}

.responsive-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 63.25%; padding-top: 30px; height: 0; overflow: hidden; }
.responsive-container, .responsive-container iframe { max-width: 1280px; max-height: 1080px; }
.responsive-container iframe { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }

#site .flipper-info-bg {
background: #1c1c1c;
}

h4 {
font-size: 24px;
}

a {
color: #666;
transition: color .2s linear,background .2s linear;
}

a:hover   {
    color: #999;
}

.section-scroll-nav-fixed .snav-right-blueprint {
right: -20px;
  text-align: left;
  width: 100px;
  height: 100%;
  border-style: solid;
  border-radius: 3px;
  border-color: #999;
  Border-width: 1px;
  box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px black;
}  

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

Changing the body canvas animation style from none to window height seems to have stopped the problem, but that's still more of a workaround than a fix. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you're referring to. Therefore, can you record the issue using either Jing or QuickCast so we can see the issue first hand.

Also, please disable all plugins and remove all your custom CSS, show this in your video so we can see that they're not the cause.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ahusarek    0
ahusarek

Thanks for the reply, Danny. It just happened again. It's hard to recreate, but I'll try to catch a capture of it sometime this weekend and share. Much appreciated. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, thanks any recording will help us greatly.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      OK - folks - back with another nit... The "back to top" link works - BUT - it's only active (i.e. clickable with the associated action following) when the mouse-over hovers over the footer area of the page. I did a quick change of the z-depth (to -1) and nothing made a difference. Any thoughts on how to make the *entire* back-to-top icon hover-able/actionable? Thanks!

• romanondrasek
      By romanondrasek
      hi all, I have some trouble using PL5 on my site. 
      I used plugins for event calendar (event on) and plugin (timetable responsive scheduler for WP) for schedule (classes) in the gym.
      The problem is, that post from this 2 plugins are shown without menu in header and footer. (I setup header and footer) in the page editor for all type of page. 
      When I create a lesson, it creates posts with slug (I have a slug "lekce" & event for events).
      I try to edit the post with PL editor, but editor is not opening on the post.

Do you have some idea where should be some problem? Thanx so much.
      here are links for the sites :
      site with schedule :
      http://www.myfit.cz/rozvrh/
      site of one of the class (pilates)
      http://www.myfit.cz/lekce/pilates/
      site with calendar :
      http://www.myfit.cz/kalendar/
      7 side with one event from the calendar :
      http://www.myfit.cz/event/pilates-instruktor-akreditovana-licence/?ri=1
      when I have my site on DMS2 it was working :-(