Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahusarek

Section Overlapping Footer?

ahusarek

Hi, every so often, I'll notice that the last section/column on a page overlaps my footer. It seems like this happens when the page takes a long time to load. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and is there a way to prevent it? 

So far I've noticed this happen in Chrome and Safari for web and iOS. Haven't seen it in FF, but I assume it's a browser-wide issue. If I change the browser size by dragging the edge in or out a little, the overlap goes away. 

The only plugins I'm using are from the DMS store, except for a portfolio plugin that is really nothing more than a custom post type. 

Here is my custom CSS:

.revslider-container h2.slider-text {
font-weight: 300;
color: #fff;
-webkit-transition: all 0.3s linear;
-moz-transition: all 0.3s linear;
-ms-transition: all 0.3s linear;
transition: all 0.3s linear;
margin-bottom: 15px;
font-weight: inherit;
margin: 0;
font-size: 140px;
line-height: .75em;
}

body .site-wrap {
background: #fff;
z-index: 0;
-webkit-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-moz-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-ms-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
}

.responsive-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 63.25%; padding-top: 30px; height: 0; overflow: hidden; }
.responsive-container, .responsive-container iframe { max-width: 1280px; max-height: 1080px; }
.responsive-container iframe { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }

#site .flipper-info-bg {
background: #1c1c1c;
}

h4 {
font-size: 24px;
}

a {
color: #666;
transition: color .2s linear,background .2s linear;
}

a:hover   {
    color: #999;
}

.section-scroll-nav-fixed .snav-right-blueprint {
right: -20px;
  text-align: left;
  width: 100px;
  height: 100%;
  border-style: solid;
  border-radius: 3px;
  border-color: #999;
  Border-width: 1px;
  box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px black;
}  

ahusarek

Changing the body canvas animation style from none to window height seems to have stopped the problem, but that's still more of a workaround than a fix. 

Danny

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you're referring to. Therefore, can you record the issue using either Jing or QuickCast so we can see the issue first hand.

Also, please disable all plugins and remove all your custom CSS, show this in your video so we can see that they're not the cause.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ahusarek

Thanks for the reply, Danny. It just happened again. It's hard to recreate, but I'll try to catch a capture of it sometime this weekend and share. Much appreciated. 

Danny

OK, thanks any recording will help us greatly.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• yasinyaqoobi
      By yasinyaqoobi
      In the footer of my website, I can't find where Leasing is located. I have to remove it.

http://grandavenueshops.com/

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • Paul
      By Paul+
      I was surprised to see I had no menu today - out of the blue - its actually moved to the bottom of the page!  After hours of fiddling and disabling every single plugin, leaving just plagelines the issue is still present.  See video for a basic text box - I moved it into the head and it jumps to the bottom and shows just above the footer but below the main content.  I have a temp fix by placing the menu into the first row on the main content but it does mean other than my home page, all other pages have no menu.  A quick fix is very urgent for this bug.
      https://thelaptopfixers.com

• cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers