Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FRevi

Deleted pages remain live on site

FRevi

Hi. I had a page; I deleted it from the main WP All Pages page. It's not listed anymore. However, when I put its URL into a browser, the phantom page shows up. If I edit this unlisted page in DMS, the edited page gets displayed. Please help resolve this fractured reality. WordPress support forum indicated that this is a theme issue for some themes.

I noticed this when I tried to remove its slug (using a plugin for that), and that plugin reported no unused slugs, implying that the corresponding pages still exist, which they apparently do even though they're not listed in WP.

How can I delete pages from the actual site? Should their slugs then be deletable (so I can reuse them)?

thx

Ⅎʀ

Simon

Can you give us a link to the site and a link to the deleted page.

FRevi

Thanks.

www.frankreviphotography.com is the general site. Not a lot of content in place yet. If it asks for a password, it's    fr

Pages I've deleted:

www.frankreviphotography.com/abstract

www.frankreviphotography.com/subjective/abstract

These pages can still be loaded.

Vestigial slugs that aren't found as such by the removal plugin: abstract; abstract-2; abstract-temp. These slugs can be entered directly into the root site, or under any main menu item, even those that never had any page named "abstract" (e.g., .../human/abstract). Shouldn't those at least come up 404?

Also this now: Can't actually delete media library files.

I wanted to replace logo4_32px.png with a newer version. When I uploaded the new version on top of the old one, the old one continued to appear. When I deleted that file from WP media, it still appeared. When I then uploded the new version of the same file name, the old one still appeared.

thx for help

Ⅎʀ

Danny

When you say you delete pages are you saying that you have completely deleted them or have just trashed them ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

Those pages are 404 pages. you just dont have any content on the 404 page.

If you re-add the 404 section into any 404 page and save, all 404 pages will then show the 404 info.