Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loeb Design Group

This is so hard!

Loeb Design Group

This is so hard. I bought the voyant template just to find out I had to buy the dms software. I have been trying to use this for 7 hours. all I have proceeded to do is download tons of things and overwrite my existing website with a demo site for dms that looks awful!!! This is not user friendly, I can't find help to use it or return it!!!

Can someone help me?

Aires

Hi,

It might help to be more specific on the problems you are having so that we can better assist you. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Loeb Design Group

Thanks, I wish I could specify a single problem! Nothing is working.  

so here goes some starting issues (thanks in advance by the way :)  )

The template I bought called voyant doesn't show up when I click activate? (by the way... does pushing activate make the site live?)

How do I edit the voyant template with out making it live?

I don't know where my dms editor is.

My current website is now gone and replaced with the DMS demo site that I thought was going to be a tutorial, how do I get my old site back up?

How do I know the difference between page lines account and the dms account?

Why did I have to download 8 files?

Danny

Hi,

As far as I am aware Voyant is a child theme for PageLines DMS, so if you have purchased Voyant and do not have DMS installed, it will not work. You need DMS as DMS is the parent theme that Voyant runs off.

So the first thing you're going to need to do is install DMS. Once installed, if you then enable Voyant, the theme should activate without any issue.

1. The DMS editor is located on the front-end of your site, so if you visit your site whilst logged in, you will see the DMS toolbar.

2. To get your old site back, you will need to enable the theme you were using before enabling DMS. If that doesn't work, you will need to contact your web host provider to restore a backup.

3. I am not entirely sure what it is you're referring to, by saying the difference between your PageLines account and DMS account ?

4. Can you go into more detail please, as to what these eight files are.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Loeb Design Group

Thank you for your response,

I did purchase the DMS $99 personal version and still was unable to edit the child template.  I am thinking that maybe my web host doesn't support the DMS??? I use ipower.com 

Both the DMS and the voyant files were added to my themes with an FTP because my down loads  of the DMS and theme I received came in folder format and not as zip files, is

it possible they are uploaded incorrectly because I did not get the zip file?

And I am a bit confused as to how to use the dms with the voyant theme,  they are separate files in my wordpress that activate separetly.

Danny

DMS and all store extensions come in a zip format, if you're downloading them and they're no longer in zip format, then this is an issue with your browser settings.

We are going to need to have some screenshots of your WordPress themes folder and screenshots of your Themes WordPress Admin Page, as well as any errors you encounter. We are also going to need to have a link to the site in question.

Loeb Design Group

So I am still not successful, I am having no luck using the DMS or Voyant. I have been reading alot of tutorials and Ipower.com seems to believe they dont support the use of dms. 

Who do I contact for a refund?

Loeb Design Group

Is there a beginners step by step of what I do with both the DMS template and the voyant template. Do I activate both? How do I add content? 

Loeb Design Group

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.40.26 PM

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.55.24 PM copy

Hi there I dont seem to know how to get you my screen shots...

When I activate the voyant template, my old and existing website comes up and no dms toolbar

http://www.loebdesigngroup.com/?edtr=on&toolbox=open    this is was is in the URL.

I am so sad I am having so much trouble with this, can I please get a refund?

antipodes

@mention

Are you using chrome ?

What steps you have taken ?

...it sounds like you:

Installed the child theme, and found DMS was required.

You purchased DMS and installed it as a theme in the normal way

You now need to activate the Voyant child theme again and then

Open the site while logged as admin with CHROME 

Here is a basic starter video which I found useful when first starting on DMS. While it takes some getting used to once you get used to DMS you will find it hard to move away, also I want to add that in my experience the developer of Voyant theme is quick to respond and helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvw3FXLdZk

and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-9EFRUXzI

If you search youtube  for "Pagelines DMS Blue Sky Creative" they have done some easy to follow videos for their clients.

when you get the hang of things I think you will be delighted

Danny

Loeb Design Group - We are going to need some more information from you to assist you further. Would it be possible to answer and provide more information please.

Have you used WordPress before? As DMS requires WordPress to be installed.

How have you installed DMS, as it installed like any other WordPress theme. So can you provide the exact steps you have taken to install DMS please.

Also, the link you're providing appears to be just a standard HTML page, there is no indication on your sites page source to suggest you're using or have WordPress installed. If WordPress isn't installed, then it is impossible to use or install DMS, due to WordPress being a requirement.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?