Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maui00wowi

Social Icons in NavBar

maui00wowi

I have a client that wants the social media icons in the fixed navigation where the logo would normally go. Is there any way to accomplish this? I have been reading in the feeds and so far the only thing I can find is how to add a fb "F" to the right hand side. 

Thanks for the help

http://beija-flordesigns.com/carolyn/

Danny

Hi,

You can not replace the NavBar logo image with social media icons. However, you can add them using the WordPress menu system and font awesome, see image.

https://cloudup.com/ceS0RwTMe9L

Also, after looking at the site in question I noticed that you have DMS installed in the wrong directory. You currently have it installed in dms-1 and the correct naming for the directory is dms

You're using version 2.0, this version is over one year old and recommend you update to the latest version (perform a backup before doing so).

Please search our forums, before posting!

maui00wowi

How do I update to the latest version with out losing all of my work? I downloaded the latest version and activated it on wp and all of my work disappeared.  I had to re-activate dms 2.0 to regain all the work. I have dms updater installed but it seems to only be working on the plugins but not the actual theme.

-Mallorie

Danny

What version of PageLines updater plugin do you have ? Also, you may need to work locally and update that way first, as there has been extensive changes to DMS from 2.0 to 2.1.5.

This is the reason as to why you should always keep your theme, WordPress and plugins up to date. We actually can not provide support to users running out of date versions of our software.

Please search our forums, before posting!

maui00wowi

I updated DMS, it showed up in my updates earlier this week so I ran the update. 

My client is very adamant about having the icons on the left and the pages to the right of the navbar. Is there any way to accomplish this? I have the Icons in the menu, is there a way to add a ton of padding to one of the icon menu items or something like it?

-Mal

Aires

Hi maui00wowi

You can try this and adjust the margin

li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-179 {
  1. margin-right100px;
}

~Aires

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.