Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josiegamble

Locked out of admin panel

josiegamble

Hi there,

Three of my websites have recently locked me out of my admin panel and show a series of warning messages like this;

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/thewncou/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 164

www.gambledesigns.co.uk

I believe it may be to do with not having the most current version of Pagelines however I'm not sure what version I currently have and weather upgrading will cause more problems than it will fix!

Is there a way to resolve the problem without upgrading?

Do I need to contact my host?

Thanks in advance

Josie

josiegamble

Since posting the above I have been in touch with my host and they have informed me that they upgraded the PHP to 5.4 which is why my sites have been affected. To combat this I have downgraded my PHP to 5.3 and the problem is resolved temporarily. I can access my admin panel to make updates, however when I come to update the Page lines theme it fails and I get this response;

Updating Theme PlatformPro (4/4)

An error occurred while updating PlatformPro: Download failed.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

If I can't upgrade the theme I can upgrade to PHP 5.3

Can you advise on how to upgrade my theme?

Thanks in advance

Josie

Danny

Hi Josie,

Download the latest stable version of Platform Pro here - https://github.com/pagelines/platformpro

However, please be aware that Platform Pro has been considered a legacy theme for over two years and I would highly recommend upgrading to PageLines DMS. So you do not encountering further issues in the future. 

Please search our forums, before posting!