This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Features Slider Load Speed

Site: Scottfarmer.info

Pagelines Frameworks (latest version)

Issue: Loading speed.

This site is a portfolio site and consists only of a main page using 5 boxes with 5 underlying pages using a FEATURE on each of those pages to show work.

The images are .png images. 

I have the W3 cache plugin

I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to make the FEATURE image load any faster.

Thank you.

Hi 8216az7373

You can use 

to compress the .png files this sure load more faster the web without lost quality.

I use this all the time and works fine to me.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

You have two issues:

The first being that your images are just far to large in terms of file size, nearly every single one of them is over 150kb, which they shouldn't be. For example one image is 1.2mb, these images need to be reduced as soon as possible. The largest image on any site (file size) should be the background image and that shouldn't really exceed 150kb.

The other issue you have, is that you're using shared hosting and have nearly 1000 other websites sharing the same server resources as your site. If you want a site that has good performance then you're going to need to invest in some decent hosting. When it comes to hosting, you most certainly get what you pay for and shared hosting is cheap web hosting.

Also, cache plugins will not resolve your issue due to your shared hosting environment. I would recommend you take a look at FlyWheel, as a potential new host provider - http://getflywheel.com/

Please search our forums, before posting!