Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

create180design

Yoast not working with DMS

create180design

I have tried multiple different SEO plugins and none are working (same problem for all).

Problem: When I add title and meta description on my pages, then select Update, the changes are not saved and are gone.

What I've tried so far:

De-activated all plugins

Different SEO plugins

None of these made a difference.

I currently have YOAST installed.

System:

Wordpress 3.9.2

DMS 2.1.5

Hosting company: HostGator.

Danny

HI,

There is no issue WordPress SEO working with PageLines DMS. We use WordPress SEO on PageLines.com and I have just this moment, tried adding a page title/meta desc on a post and it saved without any issue.

http://quick.as/l4w2uaq3

Therefore, the likely cause of your issue is either you have other plugins installed causing a conflict and/or your server configuration is causing the issue. I would recommend disabling all active plugins except for WordPress SEO by Yoast and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

create180design

Thanks Danny. I had tried disabling all plugins already with no success. 

Could you explain how this could be a server issue so that I can contact HostGator?

Danny

Well it's hard to say how a server could be effecting WordPress SEO. Therefore, would it be possible for you to enable DMS debug mode so we can take look at some of your debug info.

You can do by going to WordPress AdmiN Dashboard > PageLines, scroll to the bottom and check the debug option box. Then let us know when this has been done.

Danny

Debug isn't working. Therefore, can you disable all active plugins, as one of those may be effecting it.

create180design

I have deactivated all plugins except DMS plugins - 

DMS Professional and Pagelines Updater.

I also de-actived SEO plugin. Let me know if you want that turned on.

create180design

Any update? The site is live and disabling those plugins makes the site look really bad.

Simon

PM me a login and i'll setup yoast for you.

The plugin has and always will continue to work flawlessly and out of the box because DMS uses the standard filter method to add the page title.

We use the plugin on the main PageLines site and 100's if not 1000's of others. We know it works ;)

create180design

Here's what I found:

I just tested it and it failed again.  Try to setup one page Meta title and description.  Update it, then go to another page and do the same.  You will find that the second page upon updating doesn’t work. It wipes out the tags when you update.  Thanks.

Simon

Right, just to rule out the obvious, can you switch to a default WordPress theme, then recreate your steps.

Maybe you have found a bug in Yoasts plugin, with 12.5 million users im sure he will be happy to fix it :)

create180design

I will try this and let you know.

create180design

OK. here's the update.

I deactivated the theme and activated 2012. SEO plugin works and saved the titles and descriptions. 

Then I re-activated the DMS. I also deleted PAGELINES theme. The SEO plugin was letting me enter titles and descriptions for 4 more pages and then stopped working and erasing any new data added.

Simon

so, that rules out the PageLines theme then. If it isnt even installed.

create180design

I had both Pagelines and DMS installed. I thought maybe having both would have had an impact. That is why I removed Pagelines theme. Unfortunately, it is still haven the issue with the DMS theme activated.

Danny

What Simon is trying to say is, can you disable any PageLines theme you have active and then enable Twenty Twelve or any WordPress core theme. Then try to use the plugin again and see if the issue returns. Do not activate DMS or once you have made changes, wait and see if the issue returns first.

As we have literally hundreds of users using WordPress SEO by Yoast and no one has reported this kind of issue. We also use it on PageLines.com without any problem. Therefore, the only thing I can suggest is that you either have a plugin installed which is causing a conflict and/or your server configuration is at fault.

So if you do as I suggested above, i.e. disable DMS, enable TwentyTwelve, then make your seo changes and see if the issue returns whilst TwentyTwelve is active. If the issue does persists, then this is not related to DMS, but either your plugins or server.

PENNJ003

Danny, I'm the Inbound Marketing member of Helize's team and the one having problems with this.  When you setup Meta-tags for the very first page, they take no problem.  But then no other pages will allow the meta-tags to be saved.  I have tested this multiple times and as of 9/2/2014 9:50AM EST, this plugin is still not working for us. Thanks.

PENNJ003

HI,

There is no issue WordPress SEO working with PageLines DMS. We use WordPress SEO on PageLines.com and I have just this moment, tried adding a page title/meta desc on a post and it saved without any issue.

http://quick.as/l4w2uaq3

Therefore, the likely cause of your issue is either you have other plugins installed causing a conflict and/or your server configuration is causing the issue. I would recommend disabling all active plugins except for WordPress SEO by Yoast and see if this resolves your issue.

Danny,

I'm working with Helize.  The Yoast plugin is not working.  Your test scenario shows just one page tested.  The problem we are having is that we can apply meta titles and meta descriptions to one page, save it, then it's fine.  But when we go to do a second page, the meta tags WILL NOT SAVE.  The get parsed out or something. Thanks.

create180design

OK, I'm sorry to be a pest but here is the problem as I'm not sure I'm properly communicating it.   I have already confirmed that I do not have a plug-in causing a conflict with my Yoast SEO plugin.   What is happening is that when I go to add meta tags via Yoast to one of my pages it takes no problem at all.  But the minute I go to add meta tags to a second or third page, when I publish the meta tags DO NOT take, it's like they get parsed out.  It's as if Yoast is only allowing me to add meta tags to just one page.  I tried to look at the settings to see if that was the problem but I couldn't see any problems there.  Again, my apologies if it's something I'm doing wrong but we need to manage the meta tags for this site or we are doing it an injustice in the eyes of the Search Engines.  Thank you!

Danny

This isn't a DMS issue, I have just this moment tested multiple pages fourteen to be exact and the SEO from the plugin is there and is not being removed. I recorded the beginning of my test - http://quick.as/318DfjAP

I added Focus KeyWords, SEO Title and Meta description to the Sample page that comes with WordPress. I clicked publish and then proceeded to create a new page called Another Page. I then filed the SEO options again, published the page and viewed the source, all the SEO information was there and not removed. I did this for a further twelve pages and the outcome was the same.

Therefore, the cause of your issue has to be related to either a plugin you're using that is causing a conflict and/or your server configuration. Seeing as you have mentioned previously that the issue was remaining even after you disabled all plugins, this to me points to your server.

Were you able to recreate the issue using a core WordPress theme such as TwentyEleven or TwentyTwelve etc.. ? If so, then this is certainly not related to DMS (which I have shown you in my video and the fact that we use it ourselves on PageLines.com), as you can recreate it using a core WordPress theme. So it has to be your server.

Can you please PM your admin username/password so I can take a closer look for myself. Also, in the PM, please write that you give me permission to disable plugins and switch themes if required.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.