Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8216az7373

"feature" tool arrows

8216az7373

Site: scottfarmer.info

Issue: Features - adding back and forward buttons, visible at all times.

My site does not use any timing on the features. I allow users to click through at their own pace. However, if they do not see the links/navigation at the bottom, I would like to have forward and backward arrows showing in the feature at all times.

How do I accomplish this?

Thank you, Scott

8216az7373

An additional point of what I am trying to achieve. If you have artwork at a specific aspect ratio, but when you put it into your site using Freatures… but the feature causes the navigation at the bottom to fall below the scroll… how do you change the feature size to bring the navigation above the fold?

When I change the aspect ratio on the Paglines feature controls it just lops off or crops the graphic. I want it to bring both aspect ratio (width/height) smaller so the nav. falls above the scroll.

Site: Scottfarmer.info

Thoughts?

Danny

Hi Scott,

The Feature section offers a number of navigation modes. However, there isn't one for arrows, you can choose between No Navigation, Square or Dots, Feature Names, Feature Thumbs (which you're currently using) and/or Numbers. If you want to have a slider that provides navigation with arrows on the left/right, you will want to use the QuickSlider section or a third party plugin.

Also, please be aware that you're using an old version of PageLines Framework and have it installed incorrectly. The directory name for PageLines Framework on your site is /pagelines-5/ where it should be /pagelines/

You will likely want to address this as it could well cause problems.

Please search our forums, before posting!

8216az7373

Please don't leave me hanging! :-)

Im not sure how to correct the installation problem. I have tried to update Frameworks, but it does not update. Must be due to the faulty install.

Do you have any suggestions? I would hate to uninstall and start from beginning with all the files I have in the site.

But, I will take your advice.

Thank you, Scott

Danny

You do not need to uninstall PageLines Framework, all you need to do is rename the folder. If you follow the steps below this should resolve your directory naming issue.

Please perform a backup before anything else, just as a precaution.

1. Download a fresh copy of the latest version of PageLines Framework from GitHub - https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework

2. Extract the zip so that it created a folder, then rename this folder to pagelines

3. Once renamed, connect to your site via an FTP client

4. Navigate to the following directory /wp-content/themes/

5. In here, you will want to rename any folders called pagelines (because you have a directory called pagelines-5, it is likely that you have more than one), rename them to something like old_pagelines. If you have more than one, then the others should look something like this old_pagelines-5, old_pagelines-4 and so forth.

6. Once the folders have been renamed, you should have no folder called pagelines

7. If that is correct, you can now drag and drop the pagelines folder which you download and extracted above into the wp-content/themes/ directory through your FTP client

8. Once it has been uploaded, go to your WordPress admin dashboard > Appearance > Themes, and make the PageLines Framework the active theme.

8216az7373

Thank you. I appreciate it very much.

Danny

No problem.