Sign in to follow this  
pmullady

Custom Nav position and images/fonts

pmullady

Can someone tell me if this is possible to do in this theme? If so where would I start? My current nav is the standard one in Station Pro I was hoping to get it to look like this: eN2B9.jpg Thanks - P

cmunns

You'll have to edit header.php, you okay with that?

pmullady

We'll see. I have decent PHP experience. What I'm a little unclear on is if I edit header.php and you guys do an update, will my edits be overwritten? I'm not exactly clear on the differences between the Base Child Theme and the Main theme. I went through the Read me file but I'm still a bit unsure on what files I can edit and those I shouldn't Are there any tutorials on this subject? Thanks also - is there an option to get an email when a forum post is updated? Right now I have to come back and check manually. Kind of a bummer.

bryan-hadaway

Using the Child Base Theme, I'm pretty sure you can edit anything, I would make note of all your customizations in a text file anyways, I do. You should of course do regular backups of all files and db. Overwriting shouldn't be a problem, we recommend leaving your old theme version and upload your new one under a different folder name in case you need to switch back. Yes, there are many forum plugins to get many desired features: http://bbpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=notification This might be the one you want: http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/subscribe-to-topic/ Thanks, Bryan

pmullady

Yes, good idea. I'm having to do that to help me with CSS changes anyways. Backups YES! I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying about the forum, I meant being able to check Pagelines forum. I posted another issue about subscribing to threads/topics via favorites not working. This is the first forum I've come across that doesn't use email to notify updates to threads. Is there another easier way? Let me know! Thanks guys!