Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caspersjan

Quickslider with reduced functionality

caspersjan

Hello, is there any chance of navigation options being reinstated in Quickslider? I cannot believe it was anything but an oversight to leave them out. And it can't be much work to put them back again. The original Quickslider (in DMS1) was great - just as the name suggested, quick and simple but powerful. Now it is very limited (on top of the missing navigation options I could never get the "Animate Slide Show" to work, or rather not to work - the slide show is animated (at undefinable transition speed) regardless of whether the box is ticked or not).

Please be so kind as to alert the coders who write these updates to give this great little section its old functionality back! Thank you and good luck, yours faithfully, Jan.

Danny

Hi Jan,

I will add your feedback to our tracker on your behalf and add the points you made above.

Please search our forums, before posting!

caspersjan

Thank you Danny. I hope the old Quickslider will be back - I was looking for other slider plugins to replace it, but none I could find so far have the power and simplicity Quickslider had - in DMS1. Nor, of course,  the beauty of DMS integration! Yours faithfully, Jan.

Danny

I am correct in thinking that the only thing missing from the QuickSlider in DMS 2.x is the Navigation option ?

caspersjan

Dear Danny, that's right. It had another choice, "Slider Navigation Mode", with the following options:

- "Use both arrow and slide control navigation"

- "No navigation"

- "Slide control only"

- "Arrow navigation only"

And it was possible to turn off slide show animation ("Animate Slideshow Automatically") - this option can still be ticked now, but for me it never worked, the slideshow is always animated automatically whether this option is ticked or not. The navigation option is the most essential. If it were possible to adjust speed it would be an added bonus, but the speed it has is probably the only one I'd ever want so simplicity seems an enlightened choice here. If your people could reinstate navigation control I'll be very happy indeed - I won't have to keep trying external alternatives...

Thanks for you attention in this matter. Yours faithfully, Jan.

Danny

OK, thanks for the info, I have added this to the feature request ticket for you.

caspersjan

Dear Danny, thank you. I hope your people can fix it soon - in this singular instance it would be great to be back in the good old days of DMS1...

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?