Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quintinm

Canvas background image repeating on different templates

quintinm

Hello.

I have created a site with a few different templates for the different pages each with a different background image for the top canvas.

BUT, when i add an image, that image displays in all the templates instead of the one i specified.

The older templates have different images, but if i replace that image with a new one, then ALL the templates share that image.

I have no idea why, has this happened to anyone else?

The site address is http://www.confettisites.com/templates/paris/

Hope someone has an answer for me.

batman

Hi quintinm

Please, you can verify if the image is in the header area, this area is for ALL pages, so if you change in one template then this change in the others.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

quintinm

batman, No, it is not in the header but in a canvas in the TEMPLATE area.

quintinm

The only way i know to solve the problem is to unlock them from their template and specify the image i want.

What i don't understand is they are DIFFERENT templates so why are they showing the same image...

Danny

When you created your other templates, did you base these other templates off another one ?

If this is the case, then that is the root of your problem. When you create a template and then load it on another page, using that template as a base for your new template. The first thing you need to do is unlink the template before saving it as a new template. If you do not do this, then you will likely have the issue you're encountering.

Another user reported a similar problem, but when I followed the steps I mentioned above. I was able to configure a Canvas area differently to the other template(s) and when I viewed these other pages using a different template, the Canvas changes I made had no effect on the other templates.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quintinm

um, yes...

Ok, so now i know that is a problem, i will not do that again.

It seems a pity you have to build each template from scratch though as saving a page with a lot of elements that are the same saves so much time.

Thank you.

Danny

You can use other templates as your base, you just need to unlink them before making any changes or saving it has a new template.

For example:

1. Lets imagine you have a template called Template1 on a page called page1 which has a Masthead inside a Canvas section which has a red background, with a title saying This is Template 1.

2. You load this template on a different page lets say page2 and want to use it as a base, but make some alterations.

3. All you do is load Template1 on page2, then unlink the template.

4. Now you can configure the template how you like, you can change the background color for red, to pink and change the Masthead title option to This is Template 2!

5. You're free to add other sections or remove some sections, the choice is up to you.

6. Once you're happy with your changes, save the template as a new template calling it for example Template 2.

If you follow the steps, the changes you made will have no effect on Template 1, unless you changes sections or how they were configured in the global areas such as Fixed, Header or Footer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?