Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yasharozov

Pop up Media Library garbled

yasharozov

Hi,
Im having trouble with the media library in the front end editor.For example when I wish to change the logo of the navbar.
Im attaching a screenshot. The content of the window is garbled and it look like the styling has gone awry. I press on the images and nothing happens... 

Ive disabled all plugins. Im using the latest DMS 2.1.5

It was working fine on DMS 1.8..

Here is my debug info:

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Enabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/home/ayaral/eychut.org.il/wordpress/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework URI
http://www.eychut.org.il/wordpress/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

WP_DEBUG
Yes

WP memory limit
40 MB

WP MAX memory limit
256 MB

PHP memory limit
256 MB

Mysql version

WP Max Upload Size
7 MB

PHP POST Max Size
7 MB

PHP Max Execution Time
30s

PHP type
Cgi-fcgi

WebServer software
Apache

PHP User
Ayaral

OS
Linux

Installed Plugins
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php

Danny

Hi,

Can you remove all custom code you may have added and see if this resolves your issue. Also have made any changes to the DMS directory structure or changes the core files, as you have an error on your site related to a fonts folder that doesn't exist in DMS ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

yasharozov

Thx Danny,
Removing the custom code doesnt help. I didnt make any changes to the directory structure but i did find (i think) the css file which is related to the window. Ill try replacing that file with one from a wordpress install package. Maybe something slipped...

Can you tell me where you see an error related to fonts?

yasharozov

Hi Danny,
I found the erroneous code reffering to a font that does not exist within the dms theme. It has been deleted. This has no bearing though on the problem at hand.. Any other thoughts?

Danny

I have just viewed your debug info and even that is RTL so for me, the issue could well be related to the fact that your WordPress admin interface is RTL too, which isn't standard I don't believe. Therefore, this is likely the cause of the issue.

yasharozov

mmm...thaks danny but i dont think thats it. I redefined wp.config for English and also  LTR'd the site and it persists. This wasn't an issue on the previous version of DMS. worked fine LTR and RTL.

Danny

It isn't an issue on the newer version of DMS either. I am unable to recreate the issue - https://cloudup.com/cIjFVCHX8jW

Therefore, you must have something on your site that is causing the issue. I have viewed your site again and noticed you still have plugins active and are using a cache plugin. Can you disable all active plugins, making sure your cache as been cleared.

yasharozov

Yea, I reactivated the plugins because deactivating was not making a difference.

I just deactivated again all plugins except dms pro tools, changed back to english, cleared the cache as well as the cloudfront cache. No difference..

and BTW I guess the source of the problem is the annoying double scrollbars. Does this specifity imply a certain way to locate the problem?

I also have an idea for a weird workaround - What if the "Library" button on the frontend led to the standard media library window as displayed on the backend (which works fine BTW) when working inside a post. I assume they have the same functionality, just look different. Is this feasible or just to weird?

Danny

The source of the problem isn't the double scrollbars, the issue is something on your site/server. I have no issue on my end with the library popup. Have you made any file changes or any kind, added custom scripts ?

yasharozov

I didnt add any custom scripts to core DMS  files since it is a fresh install of 2.1.5. Only custom scripts were on the frontend of the DMS UI and I checked that.
One thing I didnt say was that the WP was installed from a backup I made with the duplicator plugin. I dont thinwk that would have any bearing as everything else works perfectly.

I may just try a fresh install... Thx for your help and if any other ideas come up for you im right here :-)

Danny

Do you have an update to this yet dude ? Are you able to recreate your library issue on a fresh install without the use of the duplicator plugin ?

yasharozov

Hey Danny,
Ill keep you posted. Will try today/tomorrow...

yasharozov

Hi Danny,
So I set up a new wordpress site. It seems the problem gets reproduced after I import via xml the live site data. I did not use duplicator but exported from my live site. it does not matter if i delete or change the wp config language reference (go back to english) the problem persists. I will pm you my login and if there is a chance you could take a look...
if you find something I could re tweak the live site. 

Danny

So there is no issue prior to importing your xml data ? If that is the case then the issue comes from your exported sites data, which may be caused by the duplicator.

Would it be possible for you to try this please. Do not import the xml data and instead upload all the images you're using from your live site to your test. Then see if the issue happens again.

If it does, please tell me how many images you're using. I personally believe the issue comes from your duplicator, as I have uploaded about 25 images and still unable to recreate your issue.

yasharozov

Hi Danny,
Just an update to this thread. Problem solved. I upgraded to the wordpress  4.0 and the problem of the garbled styling of the pop up gallery on the front end of dms dissapeared. It may or may not have been a duplicator site data issue but same data, different wp version and presto.... Thank you very much for your help. Much apprecciated your commitment. 

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, I really appreciate it, as this was driving me crazy. As I simply could recreate the issue, no matter what I tried. ;)

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?