Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yasharozov

Rapid tabs tweak

yasharozov

Hello,
I would like to tweak the rapidtabs section and I don't really know where to begin.
Currently rapid tabs defaults to 4 views/tabs: popular posts, recent, comments and tags.
I would like to hide/eliminate the popular posts tab so there are only 3 left.
Can someone tell me how to code that and where to put it? Thanks :-)

batman

Hi yasharozov

You need more than a Code for this

You can edit this section in a Child Theme

First take a look to this

http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/override-sections

You need copy by FTP the "rapidtabs" section and then you need to delete from section.php the div "rapid-popular"

http://screencast.com/t/zHKZiC3J

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

yasharozov

Thx Batman!
I'll give it a try... :-)

Danny

If you're not comfortable creating a child section and editing the sections.php file, you can just hide that tab I think with CSS. By targeting the tabs class (if it has one) and then use display: none;

Please search our forums, before posting!

yasharozov

Thx Danny,
Not a problem for me to create a child section (I think..).  BTW I did notice there is no longer a "base" child theme on the pagelines store?

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hello
      Am upgrading a site made in DMS2 to Pl5. Have run into several snags I didn't anticipate from DMS sections the client liked and was used to in DMS not being available in Pl5.
      Currently trying to recreate the "Columnizer" I used for the footer in cassClayton.com. Using the "sitemap footer" section, however that gives options for 3 menus plus a text ares (plus some socials and copyright text). Well I need the second 2 columns to NOT be menus, but rather the latest Posts and Comments.
      Will appreciate some leads how to make this happen. Perhaps there is a different footer section that's ideal for this? Or should I simply drag a couple Container sections and Text sections to do this?  Also, kindly point me to a reference for shortcodes for "recent posts" and "comments".
      Also, I loved the "RapidTabs" section for sidebars. Is there a replacement for that? Again, I need to find shortcodes for posts/comments, so any leads are much appreciated.
      thanks
      john-erik
      Oh, you can check out the new (PL5 version) of the site underdevelopment at https://cassclayton.com/upgrade/
    • Michael_J
      By Michael_J
      I'm trying to remove RapidTabs from my Sidebar.   I've removed it from the my Primary Sidebar under Widgets, and also from the main page sidebar but it seems to appear in every single post.  Isn't there a way to just remove it from all sidebars in all posts?
    • fabienfons
      By fabienfons+
      Hi,

Do you know if it's possible to hide the tags in rapidtabs ?

Thanks

Fabien
    • janpeeters
      By janpeeters
      Hi,

I've finally dug into my pocket to buy WPML and switch away from the free Polylang.
      Things mostly works but I'm running into a few problems. It is regarding the site www.janpeeters.nl I'm on latest DMS and pro plugin.

Flipper (www.janpeeters.nl)
      The flipper on the frontpage shows posts from both languages EN and NL (if you flip through it). I've already tried to activate 'Make themes work multilingual' in WPML but that didn't change a thing. All posts are properly tagged with the right language. And posts that are available in both languages are linked together. The behaviour that I'd expected is that posts get filtered by language.

RapidTabs (www.janpeeters.nl/blog)http://www.janpeeters.nl/blog
      With the .po file that I downloaded from Transifex I've been able to properly get words like 'Recent', 'Comments' etc translated to Dutch, but also here the posts are not filtered by language. 

Thanks for some wisdom ;-)

Jan
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      As a follow up to this comment thread, I'd like to suggest an enhancement to RapidTabs Popular tab. Currently, Popular is calculated using Comment count. And it seems to be using total comment count since the beginning of time.  It would be very nice to have two options added:

Choose Page Views or Comments as the metric Add a function to choose recency, e.g., Yesterday, Last Week, All Time ... or ... [#] Days