Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Map of Pages that need Designed to make sure Archives/Categories/ Tags/

jmad

Is there a hierarchy of pages listed in DMS somewhere so we can make sure all pages added by WP are designed and not picking up a DMS template or one other custom template?

Danny

HI,

I am not sure what you mean, can you go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

I want to make sure that all layouts are picking up a base design, including pages for authors, archives etc.  I guess this is sort of what I was looking for...http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy  

It would be nice if there was a way to view these in DMS.  What layout are the hierarchy pages supposed to inherit?  I have a layout assigned as the "default" global but it didn't apply to the archives of the author pages.

Danny

If I understand you correctly, you want to have some templates inherit the template of another.

For example, if you have Page 1 and that as two child pages called Page 1a and Page1b, you want Pages 1a/1b to inherit the template assigned to Page 1 automatically, is that correct or have I misunderstood ?

jmad

Just getting back to this.  The problem I have is that for some reason my archive pages (categories, tags, authors and the others) don't take on the default styling.  I have a template assigned as the default.  How do I make sure all archive pages are getting the default styling.

Danny

As far as I am aware, because they're special pages i.e. ones created by WordPress, they do not take on the global default, only Pages you create do.

However, I will speak to our developers and see if this is the case and if it can be improved upon.

jmad

Thanks.  

So there would be category, search, date, author, tag, taxonomy, type, and format that all need assigned a layout?

Danny

Yeah exactly, as these are generated by WordPress and not us and if you use custom post types. The Posts post type category page will not be inherited on your custom post type category page, the same for tags, archives etc.. 

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?