Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ketri

Modal is in front of page and blocks CTA

ketri    7
ketri

Hi

You can see my problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t0fe6itgceorbx/Screenshot%202014-08-15%2012.07.57.png

So I have a modal. And even though it's invisible it's still there and blocks call to action buttons. 

I've inserted the modal in my functions.php useing pagelines_before_site -hook: 

add_action('pagelines_before_site', 'beforeSite');
    function beforeSite() { ?>

<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="modaali" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true">
  <div class="modal-dialog">
    <div class="modal-content">
      <div class="modal-header">

<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal"><span aria-hidden="true">×</span><!--<span class="sr-only">Sulje</span>--></button>

<h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel">Ensimmäinen askel otettu!</h4>
      </div>
      <div class="modal-body">
<p class="leadi center">Jätä sähköpostisi tai puhelinnumerosi niin katsomme yhdessä kuinka Bitcoin voisi hyödyttää liiketoimintaasi.</p>
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[contact-form-7 id="44" title="Ei otsikkoa"]' ); ?>
      </div>
   <!--   <div class="modal-footer">
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
      </div>-->
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

<?php
}

Is this how the modal should be working or is there a bug somewhere?

Could you give me a step-by-step instruction on how to use the modal so it's not there when it's hidden?

The site is not visible since I don't want to release a version where users cannot use the CTA, but I will if it's necessary for debuging.

Thank you!

ketri    7
ketri

Ok. I noticed that when I open it and close it, it then works. It was because it didin't have style="display:none" by default.

So I inserted style="display:none" to the modal and now it works. 

Is there a tutorial for the modals somewhere?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The issue is likely your code, as there is no issue when I use the modal shortcode, which is what we recommend you use. We do not provide support to user created code unfortunately.

If you want a tutorial on how to use modals, you will want to read the Bootstrap 2.x docs. which is what we use.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Jesper
      By Jesper+
      Is there a way to create modal popups? It was possible ind DMS2
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!