Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sqsatg

[Plugin] Yop poll showing in excerpt

sqsatg    0
sqsatg

Hello, 

I use Yop Poll plugin to provide some polls to my users. Shortcodes are used in articles, but on the home page their excerpt seems weird (see attach files). 

I asked to Yop poll support forum, and apparently it is because of my theme.

This looks ugly, how can I do to change it ?

Regards.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Not sure what the plugin author means when he says this is a theme issue. By default WordPress strips all HTML tags from excerpts, this includes shortcodes. I have just this moment added a shortcode to a post and the shortcode doesn't even appear in the post, all that appears is the text before and after the shortcode.

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sqsatg    0
sqsatg

Hi Danny,

My website is on local, I can't provide any link.

But now it is ok, I just add a filter which remove shortcodes.

Regards.

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• medtime
      By medtime+
      Hello,
      We are using ProPricing but We cant change the colors from the Table. 
      How can we change it? It is all grey and we would like to add colors according our identity.
      Best,

• ppotent
      By ppotent
      Any chance of a pagelines table plug-in coming? I know that the use of short codes and bootstrap can achieve this, but I can't seem to find any easy/visual editor way of doing this. There are table plug-ins around for wordpress, but honestly, they are pretty clunky. I'd pay for a tables plug-in, given how much I would use tables if I could.

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      We're using Yoast SEO plugin and it can not crawl the content that is in a Pagelines text container, only the Paglines framework content. 
      I can see that it is a problem with SEO plugins and external site builders to read the content. So is there a Pagelines SEO plugin that would solve that? 
      I know that it does not effect stats on google, but it is not possible to see the full picture of SEO status.