Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hrachovec

Looking for slider with image above text

hrachovec

Hello: 

I'm trying to achieve a certain layout for a design and wasn't sure if this could be done. Is there a slider where I can place an image above some text. See the attached example where I have a logo above some copy.

Quick Slider, Testimonials and Rev Slider didn't seem to allow this. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers, R

jmad

Use the RevSlider section and add custom captions. 

hrachovec

OK, thanks. I'll give that a try. 

Cheers, R

hrachovec

Hello:

I've put in a RevSlider, added the logo as the background image and placed some text in the 'Slide Extra Captions' field, but no luck. Only the logo appears in the back. 

If I place text in either the Slide Title or Slide Text fields, the text appears so large and runs off the right and left side of the screen — no text wrap apparently. 

Any ideas?

Cheers, R

Danny

You can't just add basic HTML or text to the Extra Slides options, you need to add specific HTML for the slider to pick it up. You can find more information here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28168-revslider-how-to-add-video-and-have-it-resize-properly/page-2#entry171007

Please search our forums, before posting!

hrachovec

Thanks Danny. I'm afraid I still didn't quite understand, but I've just found another way of designing the page. 

Kind regards, Russell

• Similar Content

• Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello,
      I apologize for the trivial question, but I can not deal with it. How do I turn off the display of a distinctive image on the page? (I have to add it because I use plugins that use it), but as I display the page, I do not want it to be visible (and appears above the subject.).
      Probably a cliché but I can not deal with it. Therefore, a request for help.
      Regards
      RKA
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Greetings
      I just migrated an old DMS2 site to PL5 at cassClayton.com. If you look at the site on Safari browser, you will see the top nav bar (NavPro) is white, but gets revealed as you start to scroll the page. NavPro is used in the Header section, then a Text section in which I have Shortcode for the Smart Slider3 plugin. Would have preferred to use a PL-compatible slider but found it difficult to get Flick and Impress slider to simply fill full screen, just height of images (they were filling whole screen, hence large black area filling in the rest).
      So seems on Safari that the load order of the plugin may be causing the Nav bar to be overwritten? or something. 
      Hoping someone can help?
      thanks...  (works fine on Chrome, Firefox, even Tor, just not Safari)
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I have added a Lax section on the footer of this site: http://www.ics-law.org.php72-38.lan3-1.websitetestlink.com/ but the background image is not displaying. When I first add the image it appears in the background, but then after saving and reloading it is gone even though the thumbnail indicates it's still there. Screenshot attached.
      Any suggestions?

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.