Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hrachovec

Looking for slider with image above text

hrachovec

Hello: 

I'm trying to achieve a certain layout for a design and wasn't sure if this could be done. Is there a slider where I can place an image above some text. See the attached example where I have a logo above some copy.

Quick Slider, Testimonials and Rev Slider didn't seem to allow this. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers, R

jmad

Use the RevSlider section and add custom captions. 

hrachovec

OK, thanks. I'll give that a try. 

Cheers, R

hrachovec

Hello:

I've put in a RevSlider, added the logo as the background image and placed some text in the 'Slide Extra Captions' field, but no luck. Only the logo appears in the back. 

If I place text in either the Slide Title or Slide Text fields, the text appears so large and runs off the right and left side of the screen — no text wrap apparently. 

Any ideas?

Cheers, R

Danny

You can't just add basic HTML or text to the Extra Slides options, you need to add specific HTML for the slider to pick it up. You can find more information here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28168-revslider-how-to-add-video-and-have-it-resize-properly/page-2#entry171007

Please search our forums, before posting!

hrachovec

Thanks Danny. I'm afraid I still didn't quite understand, but I've just found another way of designing the page. 

Kind regards, Russell

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt