Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warm__tape

Center

warm__tape

Hi there,

Just need help with a tiny bit more customization on my post loop area.

I've made the following tweaks to my custom CSS to standardize the presentation of the images, but at the moment it is cropping them down to the top area. I'm sure I need to add some CSS positioning to move the image to the vertical center of the div, if that makes sense?

.post div.metamedia {height:450px;overflow:hidden;}

.post div.metamedia > a > img {width:100%;}

Page i'm referring to is here: http://spacestudiogallery.co.nz/category/past-events/

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Danny

Hi,

This is because your images are far to large to being with you really should reduce them in my opinion. If you use the following:

.post div.metamedia > a > img {

width:100%;

height: 100%;

}

Then remove the 450px !important from the other snippet, this should give you a full size image. However, some additional styling may be required and you really should reduce your images dimensions.

Please search our forums, before posting!

warm__tape

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but you have missed the whole point of my question. I dont want full sized images on the category page, I want images at 100% width and 450px high, which I have achieved. My question does not relate to image size- I want to know how to use CSS positioning to get the vertical center of the image to appear, instead of the top of the image.

Ignore the size of the images, thats my problem to deal with later.

brad

Danny

The only way I know how would be to use negative margins, which isn't something I would recommend. If you wish to have your image at a specific width and height, then why don't you just edit the image to begin with ?

Please search our forums, before posting!