Sign in to follow this  
buzzdeep

Resize Thumbnail Image For Every Post

buzzdeep

How do we resize the thumbnail image for posts? I want different sizes for different posts, depending on the dimensions of the image. But Platform always displays post image in a standard 150x150 size.

buzzdeep

Or even better, how can I use post image so that it's placement is also different..for one post, horizontal above the post, for one, left aligned in diff size..etc. Take a look here: http://freelanceswitch.com/ It has different sized images, placed at diff places, for every post. Any suggestions?

buzzdeep

Ok, is there a way to change the default size of thumbnail in platform? I want slightly bigger than 150x150

bryan-hadaway

Not in the Theme Options, but in the normal WordPress settings: Settings > Media you can edit the thumbnail size. Thanks, Bryan

cas45

@ Bryan I am having the same issue, I want thumbnails of DVD covers that are not square. Changing thumbnail size in the Wordpress settings has no effect on the size of thumbnail shown in the theme.

cas45

I am using the feature image for my posts. I want to change the thumbnail in the blog layout from 150px x 150px to 150px x 210px where can I do this? I do not want the image to show up in the post, it is already pulled in by the Amazon plugin I am using. Images will all be dvd covers http://sandboxes.caroline.motsa.net/sandbox3/?page_id=32

Kate

@Caroline I know you mentioned you changed the thumbnail size... Did you regenerate the thumbnail after that? To the best of my knowledge, the change to the thumbnail size will only apply to new thumbnails that are generated, not ones that had been previously created.

cas45

Yes I even went in and deleted the thumbnail image from the directory. I also tried to add one to another post and they all come out 150 x 150. My media settings are set to 150 x 210 and crop to exact dimensions is not checked.