Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael_J

How to remove RapidTabs?

Michael_J

I'm trying to remove RapidTabs from my Sidebar.   I've removed it from the my Primary Sidebar under Widgets, and also from the main page sidebar but it seems to appear in every single post.  Isn't there a way to just remove it from all sidebars in all posts?

jmad

When you are on a "post" page just delete it from the front end editor.  To be more complete, make sure your "post" page is associated with the template you want and make the change.

Michael_J

Hi - I removed it from the front end editor and, as I mentioned before, it was just moved from that specific post. It still appeared on other posts. I went back to the front end editor and tried saving the settings "as a template" but that appears to have resulted in everything being removed completely; now there is no content at all, and no templates. I imagine I can just drop in the Post Content Loop and Sidebars to start over; just wondering what happened to the templates?

Note: the only other thing I can think of is that I did a 'live preview' of iBlogPro6.  Just wondering if that wiped all my settings. 

wbNB4k7.png

Danny

You can't use the Live Preview as our themes use LESS CSS, something which WordPress doesn't support natively. So this may have done something.

What I would recommend is you go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard and make sure DMS is the active theme. Then disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Michael_J

Well, everything was hosed but that happens to have worked out fine because I was then able to reconstruct the sidebars in the way I wanted, without RapidTabs  :)  But you might want to have some kind of warning about the Live Preview function because I did that 'from within DMS', i.e., I thought I was using DMS when the Live Preview option appeared.

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hello
      Am upgrading a site made in DMS2 to Pl5. Have run into several snags I didn't anticipate from DMS sections the client liked and was used to in DMS not being available in Pl5.
      Currently trying to recreate the "Columnizer" I used for the footer in cassClayton.com. Using the "sitemap footer" section, however that gives options for 3 menus plus a text ares (plus some socials and copyright text). Well I need the second 2 columns to NOT be menus, but rather the latest Posts and Comments.
      Will appreciate some leads how to make this happen. Perhaps there is a different footer section that's ideal for this? Or should I simply drag a couple Container sections and Text sections to do this?  Also, kindly point me to a reference for shortcodes for "recent posts" and "comments".
      Also, I loved the "RapidTabs" section for sidebars. Is there a replacement for that? Again, I need to find shortcodes for posts/comments, so any leads are much appreciated.
      thanks
      john-erik
      Oh, you can check out the new (PL5 version) of the site underdevelopment at https://cassclayton.com/upgrade/
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello, inexplicably few signs have appeared at the beginning of each excerpts, removing the option these signs disappear, but appear when I activate it again. You know why happen this?.

Yo can see online here: http://www.latitudestudio.eu/press-news/ 

• dherries
      By dherries
      I am trying to add a widgetizer to my page/post and the system does not let it drag. The system creates  large Widgetizer logo and nothing will happen. What am I doing wrong?  I am using DSM 1.1.9.  Website is www.moveincache.com
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello everyone. :)   Is possible set a selected Section Area to height of window browser with custom CSS, just like DMS2 presets? Someone knows some best practice?   I know how to set to fixed footer, but i think this case of study is different.   Thanks!
    • webmktco
      By webmktco
      Website URL: http://www.schrumpfdds.com/
      Framework Version: DMS 1.1.9
      WordPress Version: 4.1.1

I noticed that the Font Awesome version in my theme is 3.2.1.

Can you tell me how I can update the FA version? Or is that not possible?