Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stoltz

Sophistique not looking the same with DMS 2 - Transparency problems and no round images

stoltz+    0
stoltz

I have the latest version of Sophistique child theme (?) 2.0 and I upgraded to DMS 2 (2.14) and bumped into some issues that is affecting the User Experience. My question is whether these issues are errors.

1. The transparent nav bar doesn't respond to changes in the section settings (grey background with dark text etc)

2. When the nav bar is rendered in Safari in OS X, it turns up with a grey backgrund when the page is rendered, until the mouse hovers above it - Then it turns transparent again (Which it should be according to the section settings.

3. The round images in Rapid tabs and in the footer have turned square - How do I get them round again.

4. The same transparency issues in the nav bar affects the footer as well - It is sometimes rendered with a grey backgrund in Safari OS X, even if the section settings are set to transparent.

Is there a solution to my issues or an upgrade of the theme on its way?

tmeister+    38
tmeister

Hi,

I upgraded to DMS 2 (2.14)

What DMS version do you use before the upgrade?

And, can you please, provide me some screenshots.

Best,

Enrique Chavez - Premium DMS Themes, Sections and Plugins.

http://enriquechavez.co

stoltz+    0
stoltz

I used DMS, the latest version before DMS 2 and I updated through the Pagelines updater plug. While updating I hade the Sophistique theme turned off (I tried with turned on as well, no difference).

You can checkout the site at http://kinkypod.com

The square images are in the footer and in the rapid tabs which are visible in blog posts.

The transparency seems (for now) to have solved itself, I resaved my templates under DMS 2. But changing to other settings in the menubar doesn't affect the appearance, i.e choosing "Black background, white text" doesn't affect anything.

onlinedesigns4u+    1
onlinedesigns4u

Sorry to be posting in the wrong area of the forum, might be that im a little hungover and not completely with it, but, where the hell are the options for creating a new topic for discussion on this forum?

Anyway, while im here. I have just purchased DMS2 and the child theme Sophistique. Not put too much time into it yet but from what ive seen and experienced im impressed and happy with my purchase.

I have a question about Ubermenu being used on this child theme. Im not sure if it works on this theme or not?

I think i have configured the plugin correctly but i dont see any real change in the style of the menu. Before i spend more time configuring and possibly wasting my time i though id check to see if the 2 where even compatible. I have the add-on for ubermenu and have followed the documentation ive seen but not made any difference so far.

Thanks guys, 

tmeister+    38
tmeister

. I have the add-on for ubermenu and have followed the documentation ive seen but not made any difference so far.

What exactly changes are you expecting and what are you seeing?

Best,

stoltz+    0
stoltz
Can we get back to the original topic?

What happened to the round images etc in my original question?

tmeister+    38
tmeister

Hi stoltz,

Can you please send me a URL with the issue please? i check the site http://kinkypod.com and i don't see any rapidtab section on it.

Best,

• Similar Content

• blingoblam
      By blingoblam
      My blog page isn't rendering properly for a reader - screenshot attached. They are using Internet Explorer 9.

It doesn't seem to be picking up the styling? The fonts are incorrect, and the white layer between the text and the background image is missing.

Site is www.dragonhallacademy.com

The post we were looking at is 

http://www.dragonhallacademy.com/restoring-an-older-delta-table-saw/

• photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I just purchased the DMS framework and the Sophistique child theme. I am needing help with setting the content or body font size... the content in a blog post only.

I have the global font size set to 18px and then I have this custom code in the custom css area

body{ font-size:22px !important;}

but this code also changes the font size of the Sophistique contact bar... which I do not want. Anyone know the code to only change the font size in the blog post content area only?

Or vice versa, I could set the global font to 22px and then use custom code for the contact bar font in custom css.

I've tried to use the chrome developer tools to figure this out to no avail. Thanks!

url is stagegecg.com

• Steve Fitzpatrick
      By Steve Fitzpatrick
      Hi Enrique,

Just launched this theme for a client - great stuff!

I'm having trouble working out how to get the text under each menu item. Can you let me know how?
    • progressive01
      By progressive01
      Hi,

I am running the latest version of DMS and wordpress using the Sophistique theme. The websites I have using this combo are breaking badly in IE9.

Is it just a theme issue? And if so is it the whole theme or just one component which is breaking it? Can I stop using that part and get it working?

The client needs it working in IE9 as we are getting lots of calls about it - can this be fixed or do we need to rebuild not using this theme?

Appreciate any help and advice you can give.