Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vanessabt

changes happen during updates and deployment

vanessabt

Hi,  I have recently started developing a new website.  I started developing it on my local server and just uploaded it to a sub-domain so the client's main site can stay active while we continue our design process....

I have noticed when I deploy a site from my local server (using desktopserver, serverpress) or when I need to update the theme it wipes out all my header settings, images and content in the header and defers back to the original when you first load up to build a new site.  It is very frustrating to have to re-do the header every time i do an update.  Has this been a problem for anyone else?

please see site www.otap.1201llc.com 

Also, I built a basic internal page template with the column set to have a custom background for white but for some reason it is not pulling it to the services page but is working on all the other pages. can someone take a look at it for me?

let me know if you want my wordpress log in information.

I appreciate another set of eyes on that issue.

Danny

Hi,

The URL you have provided isn't a website, nothing loads? Also, make sure DMS debug mode is active (DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced).

Can you also, disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. Also, when you say deploy, can you provide the steps you take please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

vanessabt

oh, sorry about that.... the site was http://otap.1201llc.com  ...nothing changed when i disabled the plugins.

I use desktop server, serverpress  when i build on my local computer.  the program "deploys" it to wordpress so that you don't have to move all the files with a manual set up.  this site is on a subdomain on my account now while I am working on it so that my team can also access it.  So I just went the normal route of setting up the subdomain and the database etc. then i "export" the site from my local drive via desktop server and it deploys onto where it will be hosted.

Danny

I am getting a 403 Forbidden on the URL you provided.

The likely issue (this is me taking a guess here, as I have never used ServerPress) is that the URLs are not being updated to the new domain/subdomain. Therefore, you will need to check if this is the case and replace them the new URL, then see if this resolves your issue.

vanessabt

Interesting, i will have to check that. I am going to delete the subdomain site and try a fresh manual install so I will keep you posted on that.  However,  just to let you know I actually had issues with live sites as well.  when i updated the theme from the dashboard of wordpress it always seems to wipe out my global based settings.  so I go through and reset it every time i have to do a theme update.

I will do some further testing with some other "tester" sites that i set up for when i do a dms plugin theme update and let you know if the problem persists on a different

Danny

Yeah if you can do some further testing, as I am not able to recreate the issue nor do I have any have global based settings revert when I perform an update.

vanessabt

i backed up my live sites and will be setting up some testing domains with dummy sites to see what happens.... keep you posted. thanks for looking into this though.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?