Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koem32

can't delete js on Paglines DMS settings

koem32

Hello, 

Any help with the following problem would be much appreciated. 

The DMS editor is not loading. This started happening when I added some js code to the console. Since the DMS editor is not loading I am trying to delete the js code snippet from the Pagelines DMS settings. The problem is that once I delete the code and save changes none of the changes are saved upon refresh. Similarly , when I tick the "Enable DMS debug mode" box and save those savings are not kept upon refresh. 

Other stuff I have tried are:

1) deactivating all plugins but that  didn't resolve the issue

2) deleting the google custom search engine that I had created from the google.com/cse  but again that made no difference

Any help would be highly appreciated

thanks

My site is

www.manusearch.com

the code snippet I inserted into the engine is 

<script>

(function() {

var cx = '006752403634389829054:gqvhzdjt8wq';

var gcse = document.createElement('script');

gcse.type = 'text/javascript';

gcse.async = true;

gcse.src = (document.location.protocol == 'https:' ? 'https:' : 'http:') +

'//www.google.com/cse/cse.js?cx=' + cx;

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];

s.parentNode.insertBefore(gcse, s);

})();

</script>

Danny

Hi,

DMS includes a fallback system which can be accessed via the WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines. Here you will be able to remove your JS snippet and save, this should resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

koem32

Thanks,  WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines is what I am referring to as Pagelines DMS settings.

Basically any changes I make at WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines do not get saved even though I have clicked on the save buttons so I am unable to delete the js code that I think is causing the problem

Danny

If you're unable to save these changes in the backend then there is likely a plugin causing the issue, please disable all active plugins and try removing the snippet again.

Also, you have a cache plugin and that is the likely the cause of your issue.

koem32

I deactivated all plugins. Even deleted the caching one. Cleared my browsers's cache and tried to delete all scripts and save again but problem persists. Is there something else I could do?

Danny

Can you contact our helpdesk and provide the following information please.

* A link to this topic so our staff have something to reference

* A link to the site in question

* Provide your admin username/password

* Make sure all plugins are disabled.

hello at pagelines dot com

Danny

OK, I've tried to remove the script and then all of them completely and it just isn't having it. May I ask who your host is as you have Drop-ins via the Plugin admin page.

Also, why are you adding so many cache minified scripts to your site ?

I am going to need to speak to our developer and see if there is an alternative method of removing a script.

koem32

thanks for taking a look. My host is bluehost.com. 

I suspect that the cache minified scripts were created when I used this plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/ which was supposed to make my site load faster. 

I deactivated and deleted that plugin but I guess the minified scripts stuck

Appreciate the help

Danny

W3 Total Cache may indeed create those files, but you have manually added those to the DMS scripts options panel, W3 Total cache can not do that itself, to the best of my knowledge.

Did removing the plugin the resolve your issue, are you now able to remove scripts via the DMS Fallback?

koem32

I manually added them to try to load some js asynchronously. I still have the same issue despite having removed the plugin. Is there someway we can remove the JS? 

koem32

i think someone removed the js because it's not longer there and now DMS is up and running. thanks for that

Danny

OK, I did attempt to remove the JS but it kept reappearing. If it is now removed, then the likely cause is server cache in my opinion. I would recommend contacting your host and asking them if they have any server cache active.

Danny

No problem.

koem32

Hello, I am encountering the same problem again. I activated some plugins and again DMS would not load. I have now deactivated the plugins and similarly DMS will not load and as before when I try to  delete the script from the dashboard settings and save the changes are not saved. Do you think I should just erase the site and start over?

Danny

koem32

Do you have all plugins disable?

What is the script you added and where did you add it?

Can you provide a link to your site in question and make sure DMS debug mode is enabled please.

koem32

I deleted the the contents of the cache file in my blue host account and it worked after that. thanks

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?