Sign in to follow this  
sponzertgmailcom

Magazine layout question

sponzertgmailcom

Hi, I'm still playing with the PlatformPro template and i would like to have it in magazine layout. On your site i see that you have a short piece of text and a small thumbnail next too the post (see image). I don't have that. Can you help me with this? Kind regards, Rinus GOOD 1289860843-750.png __________________________________________________________________________ WRONG 1289861039-430.png

cmunns

When you create posts are you using the "featured image" area to upload images that are associated with the post? If so then you have to double check your display options in Platform Settings - Page and Posts Options.

sponzertgmailcom

@cmunns Thanks for your answer. No i don't post via the Wordpress interface. I use Windows Live Writer for my blogposts.

cmunns

oh i see. I'm not sure if they allow it in Windows Live Writer, but you'll have to go in to WP-admin most likely to add the featured images.

sponzertgmailcom

I have tried it from the Wordpress back end but it stays the same. Can you tell me why i also don't see any text?

cmunns

What's your site? Likely the way your excerpts, thumbs are being handled in the options.

sponzertgmailcom

The site is not yet online. I need to get this fixed before i put it online. I can put it online for you if you can set everything the way it should be. I make sure you can login at the back-end.

sponzertgmailcom

@Bryan Hadaway E-mail is send. Thx in advance.

sponzertgmailcom

Too bad Bryan Hadaway could not fix this problem. It's a pain in the ass this template. Can i get an refund so i can look for another template? It has been weeks of headaches :(

onlinetracker

Isn't that a featured image assigned to that post? You can set it by clicking on the option on the bottom right of that posts options. I think the box is even titled "Featured Image".

bryan-hadaway

Is anyone following along this topic that is still experiencing this issue? Thanks, Bryan

whitcome

I am having this problem. I set the featured image, played with the setting in pages/posts and I can not get the thumbnail to show up in post clips (I am in magazine mode), nor can I remove it from the posts/blog page. I added the thumbnail after the post was published, but that shouldn't matter.

sponzertgmailcom

@Tim Whitcome In one way too bad this happens for you but the other way glad them i'm not the only one with this problem. Tried everything. What i don't understand, if this is so simple, why doesn't one of the developers login at my back-end and fix this for me and tell people how to fix this problem.

Andrew

In regards to thumbs on Clips... Ok so this needs refinement; it appears that in 1.1.4 you can't show thumbs in the clips if you have thumbs on the blog turned off. The good news, is we've refined; and this will be fixed in 1.1.5 :)

sponzertgmailcom
In regards to thumbs on Clips... Ok so this needs refinement; it appears that in 1.1.4 you can't show thumbs in the clips if you have thumbs on the blog turned off. The good news, is we've refined; and this will be fixed in 1.1.5 :)
Andrew, Do you have any idea when 1.1.5 is gonna be released?

sponzertgmailcom

I have installed 1.1.5 and testing the site local on my PC. Now it looks like this: See image. Can anyone tell me how to get the post "PDF Expert: Nog meer annotatie mogelijkheden" showing the text and the images? I have selected and de-selected every option i could find but no luck. This is driving me crazy. UHHuZ.png

cmunns

You've selected the bottom checkbox shown below? GZnE3.jpg Also, each thumb is "set as featured image" for each post correct?

sponzertgmailcom

@cmunns First question, Yes. Where do i find "set as featured image"?

jatb

Rinus, When you are in a POST COMPOSITION PAGE, scroll down and look on the bottom of the right column. You will see FEATURED IMAGE and a SET FEATURED IMAGE link. That's where you do it :-)

sponzertgmailcom

Hi Frank, Thank you, found it. Still a problem. When you take a look at the screenshot you see that the text is double and i don't want that. How to fix this? Second question. Is it possible to make the thumbnails to 80x80 pixels? The look so small... I really hope this can be fixed. 1elh9.png

catrina

To prevent the posts from "doubling", go to Settings > Blog and Posts and under "Post Excerpt or Summary Handling", uncheck the box next to "Posts/Blog Page".

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sponzertgmailcom

@Catrina Thank you, that works but it coses another problem. Now i don't have any text at the bottom. See for example the screenshot and the PDF Expert post. 9sC4s.png