Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesmaccer

JG Hover - not working

jamesmaccer

I bought JG hover from the pagelines store, downloaded it & uploaded to my plugins. I got a message saying there was no valid header on the plugin. 

Now if I activate it, my website freezes & I just get the 'loading dms editor' for about 20 minutes. There was one time, where the page loaded & I could see that it had installed, but then it failed again when I did an update. 

Any chance I could get my money back for this plugin?

Also, i note that you guys still haven't refunded me for the fact that you were over-billing by $10 per month for quite a while. I've mentioned it on several occasions, but nothing appears to have been done. When-ever I mention this on the forum site, I get told that you can't resolve account issues, so then I e-mail your cs team & nothing happens. 

Finally, i'm confused by this whole DMS2 thing. Am I currently running DMS2? if not, how do I get it? do I have to pay you even more money for this, or is it part of the $20 per month i'm currently paying?

Danny

Hi,

We can not address account related issues on the forums, if you haven't received a response from our helpdesk are you sure you're using the correct email ?

hello at pagelines dot com

If the site in your profile is the site you're referring to, then you're running DMS 1.x and not DMS 2.x, which is why I would imagine the section isn't working. If you're part of the club, then you will have DMS 2.x in your PageLines account here - http://pagelines.com/my-account

Also, please refrain from asking multiple question per topic, our policy is one question per topic, this is for search indexing reasons. Also, if you have an issue with a specific product from the store, then please be sure to post your question in the Store forum and under the forum for that sections developer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jamesmaccer

HI, 

Re: club. don't know whether I'm a member. screenshot below of my account page. downloaded the most recent pagelines & uploaded to wordpress. Said that i'd already downloaded it. 

Danny edit: Image removed due to license being displayed.

Danny

The screenshot you attached shown that you have the latest version of DMS (2.1.4) available to download. Therefore, you're going to need to need to do the following:

1. Perform a backup of your site or ask your host if they perform daily backups.

2. Once your site is backed up, connect to your site via an FTP client and navigate to the following directory ~ wp-content/themes/

3. Here you should see a folder named "dms", you're going to need to rename it to something like "old_dms" (without the quotes).

4. Once you have renamed the dms folder, download a fresh copy of DMS from your PageLines account

5. Now extract the zip and upload that dms folder to your themes folder via your FTP client

6. Once uploaded, you should have two folders one called old_dms and the other called dms

7. Now visit your WordPress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and enable the new DMS you have just uploaded.

8. If you have followed these instructions correctly, you should now have the latest version of DMS installed and active on your site.

From here you should be able to use the Hover extension.

Also, please be aware that due to some differences between DMS 1.x and DMS 2.x, some custom CSS may need to be altered and your templates will likely need to be updated.

jamesmaccer

Sorry for late reply dan - cool will do that & thank-you very much

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?