Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Quick Carousel aligns to left?

jmad

QuickCarousel aligns to the left when browser size is larger and photos don't fill the entire space.  Shouldn't the carousel center in the section?

Danny

HI,

Can you provide a link to where this is happening and a screenshot showing the issue, as I am not entirely sure what you mean.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

http://msdbuild.flywheelsites.com (login is flywheel, pass is furtive-music).   

I see what the issue is...I'm using some photos sized 400X300, when I use larger images sized for I would like Rev Slider 2000X800 then they work to span but the bottoms get cutoff.  I can play around with this but what is the best size to use for optimal image viewing and scaling?

Is there a minimum size that photos should be for use in DMS...it seems I'm not the only user running into photo sizing questions in the forums.  If there were some guidelines (like given in the RevSlider tools in DMS) then it would certainly save a time on the user side:)

Danny

You generally don't want to use images that large, if you do there will be an impact on your performance. You generally only use an image that large for a background image or a slider (which usually doesn't have many slides).

When I was checking image size, I had no issue with images of 400x300 or 600x400. I haven't tested images of larger dimensions, but I wouldn't use an image that is 2000x800 in the Carousel section.

jmad

Right.  That's why I was using images sized smaller (400X300).  I put the larger ones in as a test.  The smaller ones align to the left but should they...it would seem they should center on the page?  

Danny

The issue you have is that if you add your images to the Carousel content-width and configure it to display only three images i.e. 4/12 then your image size is perfectly fine. However, when you use the full width Carousel with the same options the area of the image increases and therefore, your images are too small. So you generally need to use an image that is larger than the area you're going to place them in. Especially, if you're going to use photographs, if you use logos that are transparent or have a white background then this won't be an issue, as long as the logo is central to the image.

Which you can see on this page - http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/about-us/

primetime

Hi Danny

I'm displaying 3 images at a time in the quick carousel content width. I would like the images centred but right now they are aligned left.  Do you know how to correct this?

http://travelblogfest.com/ The content width quick carousel is at the middle of the page.

Danny

primetime - As the topic has already been resolved, can you please create a new topic and also, provide more info please. As I have viewed your site and only see one image working in the Carousel at the bottom of your website.

• Similar Content

• ProCom
      By ProCom+
      Hello, I built a WooCommerce website with Pagelines lines and I have two questions. 
      I would like to add text below my quickcarousel on the home page. Text would be displayed below the image would be the category name. On the Epson carousel you can see text below the image. I would like to do the same thing to my ProCom website.
      https://www.usaprocom.com/
      My second question is there a function to show how many items in cart on the menu for pagelines? 

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. 

• ProCom
      By ProCom+
      Hello, I am trying to figure out how to add text links below images on the QuickCarousel. I am trying to create a carousel similar to the Epson Carousel. I have Platform 5 and using the DMS QuickCarousel. 

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm sorry to be a bother. I tried looking this up through the forum and then via Google, but  couldn't find the answer. 
      I want to add "alt" text to the images found in the RevSlider and the QuickCarousel at www.stevensoncrane.com. I added alt text in the media section of WP, and I refresh the page and published, but I still don't see content in the "alt=" part of any image HTML. 
      Is there a way of doing this with these two sections?
      Thanks,
      Rich