Sign in to follow this  
theterribletwos

Adding Meta Tags for addthis and Facebook

theterribletwos

I've been looking around a lot for information on this and am still not squared away. I am using the addthis plugin and whenever it shares, it picks random text and images, NOT the image or video and text from the specific post being shared. I now know that I need to change my meta tags in the <head> part of my website. What does that mean exactly and does one do that? Thanks!

cmunns

Meta tags help search engines find out about a website. I recommend the SEO-All-In-one plugin for editing those tags easily.

theterribletwos

Hey Adam! I installed the SEO Plugin, and added the information in them per post. It doesn't appear that the FB Like Button or the addthis plugin are picking up the meta tag information. I've read in some other places it may be on FB's end, so I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to seek help, but you guys are really good at solving wordpress related problems, so I thought I would post here and see your thoughts on the issue or if you've come across this problem.

theterribletwos

Okay I tried the SEO Plugin. I think I just don't get it. I've entered meta descriptions for posts through SEO Ultimate and it doesn't seem to register with Facebook. I really have no idea what's going on. I can't tell if I'm missing something or if it's FB's failure. Ugh, this is a bummer.

catrina

If you're having problems with both plugins, there's probably something up with Facebook.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theterribletwos

Yea, I think that is the issue. Thanks for getting back to me.