Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Baker

How to use filteration function in masonic gallery?

Eric Baker

Hello. I'm a DMS2 user.

and I've got a problem with using Masonic Gallery.

e.g. Please see below the page.

http://olamp.woweb.net/?page_id=123

It's showing all post of all categories.

but I want to show specific category's pages. like "Event".

How could I do this?

I couldn't find out solutions at section options.

Thank you :>

Eric Baker

Thank you Danny!

I've followed the URLs and looked  "Post Category" Option.

but I can't understand how I show a specific category..

There is no selection or writing option.. like category names.

I wonder what should I do

Danny

Ah so you only want to display one category ? Well that is why the filter options are above. If you only want to show on category, I then I would recommend using Flipper instead.

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinedesigns4u

HI Guys, i have used the masonic gallery on the test site im building and have a question about the filters.

Im using custom post types to build the masonic galleries, i see in the options that i can assign a custom taxonomy to the post type for filtering results. I love the way the transition happens to re-adjust the search results with the filters, but, what the deal with only one filter?

Ive been told this has been build on the back of isotope, which ive been told can be filtered much further.

I want to use 3 sets of custom taxonomies to filter my results. If possible id like them to be dropdown boxes.

If you look on this page, http://lovepattayathailand.developedbyhuman.com/eat-pattaya/  at the bottom you will see i have the masonic gallery setup for the restaurants on the website. I have custom taxonomies for "Price Range" "Cuisine Type" and "Neighbourhood" and id like to use them all to filter the results on this page if possible.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,  

Ben

onlinedesigns4u

Thanks Danny, i will give it a try, im not sure out of the box it will display multiple taxonomies or possibly multiple custom post types, ive read that using the nextbox section can solve a lot if issues so i will try and get it and get a programmer involved.

Thanks for the tip

Danny

The NextBox section is really mean't for small snippets of code. Therefore, if you want to achieve what you mentioned above, I think the best course of action would be for you to create your own section.

If you have any further questions, can you create your own topic, as the topic creator will receive an email each time there is a response to this topic.

Kedark
Hello, 

I would like to join the topic .. and requests .. but if there is some way to use the Masonic Gallery display only one category? Way to view this gallery is amazing, but I care to assign to it only one category. I tried with Flipper, however, do not see it so good. 

Thanks in advance for your help ... 

KedarK

Danny

If you want to show only one category, then you're going to need to use the meta options, as the section has been designed so that you can filter through categories and not display only one.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?