Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pixallus

Full screen layerslider

pixallus

HI new to pagelines.
i'm am able to put layerslider shortcode into content width sections, but not full width sections.

How can i use a full width layerslider?

Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment created a FullBox i.e. a full width textbox, which you can download from my GitHub repo. There is also a full width widgetizer and Mediabox sections too.

https://github.com/Dannyholt/

Please search our forums, before posting!

pixallus

excellent. thank you!

I copied your folder to the /sections folder, but not seeing it within editor 

what am i missing?

batman

Hi pixallus

Please, you can try 

1. Unzip the .zip folder in your PC or Mac

2. Upload by FTP the section

or

Delete the folder you copied and then upload the .zip like a plugin

You need to "reload sections" and if you have a cache plugin, you will need to refresh this, also you refresh your PC or Mac cache browser.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

pixallus

ah yes, didn't see the "reload sections". 

I was able to work with the full width widgetizer and the full width media box, but the full width textbox wont' show up within the editor. 

When i try to upload like a plugin, says failed no plugin found. 

thanks for the help

Danny

You do not upload them like a plugin, upload them via an FTP client, to your child theme sections folder. Once in there, go to your DMS editor and click reload sections, then you should see the FullBox section. I will update the repos sometime this week so that they can be installed like a plugin.

pixallus

yea the full width media box and full width widgetizer work fine. but the full width texbox doesn't. 

i tried uploading to both the parent and child theme. 

Aires
Didn't know these sections existed...Thanks.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

matthewcotter

Hi There!  Is there a way to make the background responsive, so the background image displays full screen without effecting the size of the media box?

pixallus

matthew, think you just drop a "Canvas" section on page, add your background in the canvas settings, then drop the "media box" on top of the canvas. 

Danny

pixallus - I've just pushed some fixes to the FullBox repo and I have tested this version and it does appear to be working.

https://cloudup.com/cMOKlJfb0gV

pixallus

Danny, you da man! works great. 

still learning DMS, but am really digging it! 

Thanks,

larry

Danny

No problem.

janpeeters

Hi @Danny or anyone else able to help,

Thanks for creating the Full Width Sections Danny. I find it really usefull. I'm only struggling with the following. 

I have used it to place Layer Slider (version 5.5) in it on the following website http://lovo.nu (or see screenshot). This works fine but I have a margin under the slider that I can't get rid of (I've put the LayerSlider shortcode is in the (optional) title field). If I place the shortcode in the text field than I have the space above. I've thought that the space is a wrapper for either content field but I can't find the name with dev tools for that div (or what it is) and hide it. 

Hopefully you have an idea what code I can enter in my child themes custom CSS to get rid of this space.

I've thought of creating my own wrapper section for layerslider but my coding skills are lacking.

Thanks for any help.

Jan

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 21.25.44.png

Danny

Hi Jan,

In future please create your own topic if this is regarding an issue not related to the topic.

Your issue is you have a break tag which is causing the space. I have just this removed this via the Chromes devtools and this does resolve your issue. Therefore, you're going to need to show us what code you have used when implementing this slider. As something in the way it has been implemented either is causing or adding a < br > tag.

janpeeters

Hi Danny, sorry for the off-topicness. I crossed my mind after I posted. 

I've only inserted the LayerSlider Shortcode in the title field, I have not done any other coding.

But researching 'your' code I found that there is a conditional <br> added when 'title' has wrapper 'strong'. Just choosing 'none' removes this <br>. That's great!

Thanks, Jan

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?