Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shannonlong

Landing in middle of page when loaded

shannonlong

I'm sorry up front but I don't even have good words to describe the problem I'm having so I'll just bang it out the best I can.

Here's my URL: http://ec5.b8b.myftpupload.com/

When I load my page by clicking on the "Home" link in my menu, which is just a link to the webpage URL, it loads the page but never stays at the top. It starts at the top then suddenly bounces down, finally coming to rest about 9/10ths of the way down the page (usually near one of my iframes). When I use an anchor tag link (#top labeled in the menu bar as "Top of Page" for testing) it goes to the top just fine and stays there.

The behavior does not seem to be connected to the memory of where I was last on the page because no matter where I am on the page It always goes down to an iframe. It's a random iframe too, not often the same one twice in a row. Even if I hit refresh it loads and lands at the top of the page, then cycles through several iframes then finally comes to rest at the top of the page.

It does this in Safari and Google Chrome Canary, Google chrome.

I'm at a loss. I'm have no idea about where to start looking for my error.

Thanks

Shannon

shannonlong

I removed the iframes and everything worked fine. Any ideas why the iframes are causing trouble here?

Danny

Hi,

No idea to be honest, it could well be related to custom code you may have added. You shouldn't really use iFrames in my opinion, what are these iFrames used for.

Please search our forums, before posting!

shannonlong
They connect to my sales portal. My whole business runs through them. A website template I can't use these iframes with may not be one I can use for my business. I may not have other options regarding the iframes.

Danny

You shouldn't really be using iFrames in that fashion really, why do you require the use of iFrames ? Also, what is the Sales Portal you speak of, as iFrames were used back in the 90's and therefore, you shouldn't really be focusing your business on old technology like that. There really should be a more up to date method of connecting to your Sales Portal.

shannonlong

Well, Danny, I'm sorry that the technology used by the company I'm contracted with to process my sales is from the 90's but it's the only thing I could find that's custom tailored to my industry. We're pretty niche and I can't go with generic stuff, it just doesn't fit. I'm aware that there "should" be a more up-to-date method but I haven't found one that's suitable and I have to work with this one. Are you suggesting that your template isn't appropriate for my needs? I guess I'm fine with finding another one but I kind of like DMS. Perhaps I should request a refund for my club membership? I'm not really sure how to move forward with your last comment. It's not exactly helpful.

frames are what the company I have to process my sales through uses. I have no choice there. What I'm calling my sales portal is an online processing service called Adventure Office http://www.adventurecentral.com/travel/AdventureCentral/Landing.aspx. I'm paying a lease on it and am contracted to stay with them for a while. In the mean time I'm not sitting on an old outdated Pagelines Framework website while the rest of the world moves on. 

So, outside of advising me that I "shouldn't really be focusing my (sic.) business on old technology like that" do you have any advice on how to make this thing work?

Perhaps a suggestion for what I should request from Adventure Office that WILL work with DMS.

Danny

I am going to need to know exactly what these iFrames are for, as if you're using iframes to process sales i.e. taking payments, I don't see why you couldn't just use another system. If you give you the specifics on how these system works, I am more than positive we could point you to a plugin that would be more up to date.

Also, can you enable the iframes again on your site as I wasn't able to see the issue in action. As it is likely that the iframe you're embedding has its own styling that is causing the issue.

jennajonesdesign

Hi Danny, 

I am having the same problem. A client of mine runs their whole business through a sales program. The only way to embed the log in is with an iframe. It is causing a lot of problems. Did you guys get anything figure out?

Here is my site: http://www.tackrep.com/ You can see the iframe in the footer. 

Danny

The issue is likely related to the code used in the iframes themselves, I have added multiple simple iframes and was never once encountered the issue. So the issue must come from the iframes themselves. You may need to speak to the developers of the code for assistance. As we can not provide support for third party scripts or code.

Simon
I replied in your other topic
The frame contains jquery that forces the browser to focus on the username and password fields

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?