Sign in to follow this  
compartmentlife

IE not showing background image

compartmentlife

I have the CONTENT background color set to White (#ffffff) and the background color set to Teal (#44ADB0). In Firefox & Safari it shows correctly with the background color only showing in the footer and the main body of the site repeating my background. However, in Internet Explorer it is ignoring my background image all together and ignoring the white background for the content area... Any ideas? IE is also showing some broken image links that don't even exist... WTF?

compartmentlife

Actually, now that I'm messing with it more, it's also pushing my side menu all the way to the bottom. What's going on? Is the PageLines Theme not IE friendly? This is a huge problem.

cmunns

for my compartmentlife? I checked IE8 and the background was fine.

compartmentlife

Yeah, It's totally broken on my system. IEBroken.jpg

compartmentlife

OK, well I'm testing using IE6, but I did test the site in IE8 and it works. Should I be worried about this? How reliable is it to trust that my visitors will have an updated version of IE? I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that people could be using IE6... I guess Google Analytics will let me know unless someone has a suggestion.

cmunns

IE6 is almost 10 years old. I sincerely hope people are still not using it although I'm sure some still are. But do not fear the answer is to apply this fix #page {zoom:1;}

compartmentlife

Thanks. That solved it. One last fix for this I hope. In IE6, the right side menu is being forced to the bottom of the site below the content. I assume a spacing / padding issue. Any ideas on fixing this?

cmunns

could be the double-margin bug? I'd have to take a look.