Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claude203

How to left justify feature thumbnail in blog post summary?

Claude203    12
Claude203

I would like to left justify the feature thumbnail in the blog post summary, to the left of the title and excerpt, as in the attached image. Thank you.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Go to the WP-Content/PostLoop section settings and enable Legacy mode, then you have multiple options for positioning the thumbnail.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Claude203    12
Claude203
OK, I'll try it. Thanks.

However, is there another way to control this? Via CSS?

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

You can certainly achieve that with CSS. However, we do not provide support for that kind of customization. 

Claude203    12
Claude203
Got it. But can you at least tell me where the code/CSS governing that area is located? Thank you.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Claude203    12
Claude203

Danny, thanks. That worked.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

seventhsite    1
seventhsite

great... except legacy is not supported in future releases... so we really will not have the ability to choose where the thumbnail is located? That does not sound good... 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Legacy mode is there for the moment, in the future the WP-Content/PostLoop is going to be expanded upon, as far as I am aware. That is why we left legacy mode as an option.

• Similar Content

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      How do you move the thumbnail on a blog post?  I need the thumbnails for the blogroll page, but they show up at the top of the actual post page.  Normally, this would be fine, but I've been requested to put it under the blog title.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      Hi would like to have the thumbnail photos on the left side and not on the top of the topic to the blog post. Where can i fix that?
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/
      Greetings from Hamburg,
      Tristan
    • robertgourley
      By robertgourley+
      Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.  I was hoping to create a template, then call the posts/page feature image as a hook/shortcode to display that above the rest of the page loop.
      What I'm specifically trying to do is have a full-width featured image, then a container with the post loop and side bar below. But I want the full-width image to be dynamically pulled from whatever post/page is using the template.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.