Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topjaba

PHP FATAL Error

topjaba

Thanks, but I cannot match what's on the page you provided to my own error.  

My host is concerned that the error is contributing to the back-end of my site being virtually unusable.  There are no other errors on the site at the moment.

I inactivated all plugins and there was no improvement whatsoever.  Specifically, it's the Appearance -> Menu options that are impaired to the degree that the menu page crashes after several minutes of trying to load.  

I tried switching themes and the problem was instantly eradicated.  

Would appreciate some help...

Danny

HI,

The error you're reporting looks as though you have edited the core index.php file in DMS, is this the case ?

If not, please disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If that doesn't help and the issue persists, can you provide a link to the site in question and make sure DMS debug mode is active please.

DMS Debug mode can be enable either by going to DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced or WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines and then scroll to the bottom and check the DMS debug option.

Please search our forums, before posting!

topjaba

Hi, Danny.

I did not edit the index.php file in DMS.  I have never once interfered with any of the core files.

All of my plugins were disabled at the time the host (Web Synthesis) reported the error to me.  At the time I was trying to troubleshoot an issue that was slowing down the back-end of my site to the point it became unusable.

Debug mode in ON.

site: http://downpaymentassistance[dot]net

Thanks for looking.

Danny

I have just rechecked your site and you still have plugins active and DMS debug mode isn't enabled.

topjaba

Sorry.  I didn't publish.  Should be good to go now.

Danny

Still not enabled

topjaba

I'm not sure what's going on.  I have the option checked.  i refreshed and saved and published.  Not sure what I'm missing.

Danny

Please disable all active plugins, it's likely one of the plugins you have installed is causing an issue or conflict.

topjaba

Danny,

Forgive me but I don't understand what I'm missing.  Please see the attached image.  

Danny

OK, it appears to be working now, is the error still present ?

If it is, can you provide a link to where the error is being displayed or provide a screenshot please.

topjaba

When you say it appears to be working, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Whatever was causing the error no longer seems to be doing so?

The error was provided to me by my hosting company - I have no idea how they came about it.  Once again - the plugins were off at the time the error message was discovered.

I would have to leave the plugins inactivated for up to a full day while I wait for the host to get involved.

Is there no way to get to the bottom of this error: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /var/www/downpaymentassistance.net/wp-content/themes/dms/index.php on line 50

Danny

Do you know where they find this error ? Did they give you that information ?

Also, can you contact our helpdesk and provide the following information please.

* A link to this topic so they have something to reference

* A link to the site in question

* Include your admin username/password

* Keep DMS debug mode active

* Make sure all plugins except those by PageLines disable.

You can contact our helpdesk with the above information using the following hello at pagelines dot com

topjaba

Danny,

Since deactivating my plugins will render my site useless, can you please tell me when might be the best time of day to get the quickest response from the help desk?  I need to ensure that the site is exposed to as little downtime as possible.

Danny

You can reactive your plugins for the time being. All the helpdesk will do is add your site admin username and password to a moderator note on this topic which is only visible to forum mods and admins. I or another one of our team will then view your site.

However, we are going to need to know where this error was found, i.e. the location.

Danny

So if you can speak to the host and ask them where they found the error that would be very helpful.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?