Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j0emv

Getting Fatal Error when activating DMS

j0emv

Hi,

I have a new, clean digitalocean vps configured with ubuntu 14.04 lemp stack and wp 3.9 using this guide:

http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/06/create-a-turbocharged-wordpress-installation-with-nginx-php-fpm-and-opcode-caching-lemp-stack/

Whenever I try to activate the latest DMS (downloaded 2 days ago), I get this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /usr/share/nginx/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7

It's the same problem this post references but I cannot find any solutions:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/29024-dms-097-installation-issue-with-wordpress-36/?hl=redeclare+class

I tried turning off w3-total-cache and commenting out its conf file, increasing php memory limit, increasing wp memory limit, restarting nginx and php5-fpm, dumping the uploads dir, reuploading multiple times, uploading an older version of DMS I found from April, downloading the free DMS in the repository and nothing works.  The best I can do is comment out the lines in init.editor.php that reference editor.api.php and I can get DMS to load somewhat, without crashing but it is not fully functional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Simon

That class is only declared in that file, where else is it being declared? Maybe you uploaded the files wrong and have 2 dms folders?

j0emv

Hi,

I noticed there are 2 dms folders under themes.  It goes themes/dms/dms.  Within the root of those folders are the same files it looks like for the most part.  I looked in the zip file I downloaded from my account and its the same folder structure in the zip.  I tried moving the second dms folder up a level and getting rid of the top level dms folder but that didnt work either.  I've already tried deleting these folders (rm -rf) and reuploading them a bunch and nothing changes.

My install is clean, aside from the default themes wp ships with, there's nothing else going on.

Thanks

Simon

Yes by default there are 2 dms folders, one is the 'theme' the inner one is the actual framework files.

j0emv

OK rebuilt my server from scratch following the same guide (ubuntu lemp 14.04).  Before I enabled w3-total-cache I was able to install and activate DMS fine.  After activating w3-total-cache it was fine as well, then I enabled php5-xcache and that's where it bombed again.  Removed xcache and replaced it was apc and all is well.

Thanks!

Danny

Yeah, this is something a lot of users do, they seem to think that cache plugins such as W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache have magic powers and work as soon as they have been enabled. This is simply not the case, these plugins need to be configured carefully and correctly to match your servers environment otherwise they have a detrimental effect.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?