Sign in to follow this  
bencloson

How to show my lastest posts on the feature page?

bencloson    0
bencloson

Hi, I set the "feature page template" as my homepage and a page called "all news" as my "post page" or blog. I would like to know how can I always show the 3 (or 4) latest posts on my home page? I've displayed the box "content area" in the "featured page template section" but I don't understand what to do next to actually choose the content i wish to display in this area? Thanks in advance for your answer Ben

compartmentlife    0
compartmentlife

Ben, I had this same issue and it was sort of resolved here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=3632 Basically, the default WordPress homepage automatically shows your recent posts from all blog categories so you should use this instead of creating a specific home page. Then, you'll need to add the FEATURE to the bottom of your header and do as follows: Resolved by CMUNNS 1.Put the FEATURE in the header section. 2.Refresh. 3.Toggle the advanced setup...then check "hide by default" 4.Refresh 5.Then click "show on posts pages" 6.Refresh Done. It (the FEATURE) should only show on home posts page. I hope this is what you are looking for.

compartmentlife    0
compartmentlife

FYI, in order to use the FEATURE PAGE style on your home page, you'll have to make that layout your DEFAULT style and then modify each additional page if you want to have a side menu.

benedwards    0
benedwards

I did this and it worked great. When I did a black background feature all the content below the feature was colored black. Maybe some code not completing the feature completely?

bencloson    0
bencloson

Thanks Matt, I'll try this. cheers Ben