transfering my website - what is going to be with all the media?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm using dms 2 and im wondering, what will happen to all the media that inside my dms website if i want to export the website?

i'll explain:

im working on a website that sits on my server (while im working on it)

i want to transfer the website to other server with other domain.

a. how do i do that?

b. I guess each picture address starting with

if i will move the website with all the files it will never find those files beacuse they all starting with my old domain.

I Will really appreciate your helping!

Thanks and peace! 

Edited by saar121

You will want to follow the guide here -

I would also recommend exporting your WordPress content via the WordPress import/export tools and the same with your DMS site settings via the DMS import/export tools.

thanks. i have another question. 

ive made new regular page with wordpress (and not in the dms)

i wanna see the page but i get the dms template and cant see the page that ive made. 

how can i see the page correctly like in a regular wordpress website?

thanks again

Please create a new topic, as we only allow one question per topic for search indexing reasons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Edge-to-edge images
      By janpeeters+
      Hi, I have a container with on the left a 6 column image section and on the right a six column text section. I'm not succeeding in getting a edge-to-edge image on the left. Even with padding set to 0, there remains a white gap under and on the left of the image. So I'm researching if I'm overlooking something, if I've found something that could be improved in PL5 or if this is 'by design'?
      I've set site lay-out in settings to 100%. I've set pl-framework-base to 'full width'/'unwrapped'. (sidenote: in the end I want to have this 'read width' but for testing purposes I set it to full width. This might ask for an override function in the editor so people can always choose to full-width a section although other content is read width.) The images beneath show the settings and lay-out. 
      I've set all padding on the container to 0, but there remains a gap underneath the image and on the left. 
      I've done the same for the padding on the image.

I've inspected this with Chrome Dev tools and it shows the following:

I could create custom CSS to remove these spaces but for PL5 to be even more flexibleI I would think that being able to have edge-to-edge images without too much hassle would be a great feature. You see this a lot in recent webdesign. But I might be overlooking something and it is already possible. 
      I've done some testing with the Window Height setting. I think it would be great if images could fill their container edge-to-edge too with this setting active.
      I've tried to make the image taller but then the aspect ratio changes. A locked aspect ratio function would be great for this. With responsive designs images get cropped all the time so for me cropping would not be a problem. Keeping it's aspect ratio locked automatically or as a setting would be nice. I guess most designers wouldn't want it unlocked. 

That's it, a whole visual story. I hope that it's clear what I'm saying if not let me know and I'll try to clarify. 
      Thanks, Jan
      (by the way, the current forum software you're using is really the best you've had. It works so easily, brilliant)
      There seems to pop an image at the bottom that I didn't put here, forget about the image below, it's already above.

• 'Select This For Option' in Media Picker not working
      By janpeeters+
      Hi, I don't seem to be able to use the 'Select This For Option' to choose already uploaded media from the 'image' picker in 'sections'. The only way I can add existing images is by copying their URL from the Media section in Wordpress. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution? 
      I'd also love to be able to visually select my images (thumbnails) in the picker instead of by name. Just like the Media section in WP. Is this possible?
      Thanks, Jan
    • Media name
      By pehja+
      All my pictures will have the name Page Lines.  I don't want that. So where do I remove it?
    • Media stored in Amazon S3 Bucket, Multi-language plugin
      By paraicc1972
      Hi there,
      I have just started to use Wordpress and DMS2 and have 2 questions. I am performing a redesign of my website which contains approx. 500 pages. I am looking to have all the media (images, docs, video clips etc.) stored in an Amazon S3 bucket and I am also looking to have a multi-language option as my current site is multi-lingual.
      My details are:
      URL - (test site)
      Framework version - DMS 2
      Wordpress version - 4.1.1
      Plugins in use - DMS Professional Tools, Pagelines updater, Contact Form 7, Amazon S3 and Cloudfront
      Server - WAMP server on Windows Server 2008 R2
      I am looking for plugins that are compatible with Pagelines DMS 2 - I have added the Amazon S3 and Cloudfront and configured it. I uploaded an image through the DMS editor and it uploaded to the bucket, the problem is that it is a broken image as it is looking at the local file path instead of the s3 file path.
      Also can someone recommend a multi-lingual  plugin that works with DMS 2
      Paraic O C 
    • Media file names
      By Redita
      I've noticed that when I upload an image the word "pagelines-" is appended to the beginning of the filename in my media. Anyway to avoid that?