Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssgro66

Make A Second Fixed Section

ssgro66    1
ssgro66

Is there a way to have a second fixed section that isn't a sitewide element? I would like to have the site's section titles like "Portfolio" or "About Us" remain at the top of the page while scrolling. I would need this section to have the capability of changing text depending on the section of the site its on.

Stefan    6
Stefan

Hey there!

By "a second fixed section" I assume you mean a second navigation in addition to the fixed one. Have you tried using the ScrollSpy section? It should fit the bill.

You can find further information about ScrollSpy here: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

ssgro66    1
ssgro66

Thanks Stefan but I don't think you understood what I meant. I don't want a secondary navigation but rather just a title section so that visitors can see what page they are on. So if a visitor clicks on the main nav to view my portfolio pages of the site, this "secondary fixed section" should display the word "portfolio". I want this section to stay below the fixed main nav even when the page is scrolled. I can't just stick a textbox in the main nav fixed section because it will show up on the entire site. I only want these section titles to show up on their appropriate site locations ("portfolio" on the portfolio pages, "About Us" on the pages with our firm's information, "Contact Us" on the page with contact information...

This seems like it would be a common task so try not to read too much into it. Many websites are set up like this. Here's a sketch to help out.

Thanks for informing me of what scrollspy is though. Never know that.

Danny    1,327
Danny

The simplest way to achieve this would be to use the NextBox section and simply add it underneath your Fixed Navigation section inside the Fixed Template Area and then add the following snippet of code to the NextBox section:

the_title('<h1>','</h1>');

This will give you the title of the page automatically.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!