Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quintinm

Background image slideshow in a canvas

quintinm

Hello,

Has anyone looked at adding multiple images in a "slidershow" of images that fade from one to another as a canvas background?

Is there a DMS plugin that will do something like that?

As a quick example - something like this perhaps: http://www.cssigniter.com/preview/aegean/

Here is another example - the element at the top of the page: http://grovemade.com/

I want to be able to overlay content OVER the slider element.

Thank you.

Danny

HI,

There is no DMS plugin that will allow you to have that kind of functionality. However, I am sure that one user has used a plugin available from the WordPress plugin repo that allows you to have multiple background images that automatically fade into each other, like an automatic slider. Unfortunately, I can not remember the name of the plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quintinm

Thanks Danny.

What a pity you cannot remember - i will try a search and see what happens.

Were those backgrounds in a canvas area of the background of the site?

thank you.

Aires

HI, there are actually 2 that I know of 

Full width slider here there is a free and pro version I have used this in DMS1 there was a conflict with another plugin but other than that it worked great. 

And the other here which I have not used because (and looks to have alot more options than the one above )you had to buy it to test it. 

but these are pretty much background sliders.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

quintinm

Aires, thanks for the info.

Can you specify the slider to be assigned to a specific canvas area or is it just the whole site background?

I suspect i would want to assign it to a specific canvas for what i have in mind.

thank you.