Sign in to follow this  
ntsmedia

Menu Functions - Sub Header

ntsmedia

I'm just getting oriented with the StationPro theme and need to clarify some functionality with the menu options. It appears as though StationPro3 functions "normally" with WP 3.x "Appearance > Menus" settings by letting the menu layout there establish the pages that show in the drop down (when set to show) with the nesting and Navigation Titles also set there. However, the Sub Header bar seems to only look for "child" pages and ignores the Nav Titles, thus using the page's full name. I can see that there might be some flexibility by being able to have only certain pages show on the Sub Header Bar (based upon parent status) but not being able to use the Nav Titles will certainly make the space fill up fast. I really like the sub menu but I also really need to be using the Nav Titles. What are the issues involved in not having it follow the same functionality as the drop down menus (eg. pages set by the menu layout rather than the parent page and using the Nav Titles)? Would it be a complex matter to have the Nav Titles used? From what I can tell at the moment, that is the bigger limitation for what I'm planning (I have not dug into the coding yet). Overall ... great work on this theme! Thanks John

cmunns

Sorry but to clarify. You want both to be controlled by which the manual WP3.0 menu system or the auto parent-child method?

ntsmedia

I think I can work with the way menu items and sub nav items are set to display but showing the full page titles instead of the Nav Titles from WP3.0 menu system in the sub nav are really the problem. If the menu system had to be used to determine what showed on the sub nav bar in order for the Nav Titles to be used there, I would opt for that rather than parent-child. But if the Nav Titles could be used in the sub nav without changing the way the pages are assigned (WP3.0 menu system for the drop downs and parent-child for the sub nav) I am fine with that too. Thanks John

bryan-hadaway

What you'll need to do is instead of pulling in the pre-ready tabs for your pages/posts you'll need to manually create the tabs, name and link one by one. It might sound like a lot of work, but it really isn't, and once it's finished you'll have complete control and it'll be easy to maintain. Thanks, Bryan