Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kboyle10

Saving Page Template Deletes Only Some of Page

kboyle10

This has just been happening recently. I like to create templates so making other pages is not such a long process. However, after I complete a page... give it name for a template... save it... then go back to look at it, nearly everything is deleted. 

Not the entire page... just most of it. 

The layout is all there... the text boxes, the columns... but all the content, graphics, copy, css rules applied... all of that is gone.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I am running the latest version of DMS2.

kboyle10

An Update... now I seem to be having this problem with only one page on the site. Not only that but it will say loading DMS editor... then say "Opps Can't Load DMS Editor"  then just stay there indefinitely. But this is the only page it happens on.

Is there any information I can provide to help solve this issue?

Danny

Hi,

If the DMS editor is loading indefinitely then the likely cause is either related to a plugin you have installed which is causing a conflict or you have added something such as a custom script or widget that is only active on that page. Therefore, you will need to disable all active plugins, remove all custom code including scripts you may have added and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mtaus

kboyle10 I find this happens to me sometimes too. It could be a plugin conflict, but I don't happen to like that "excuse".

If I see this happen once, I'll hit Publish button twice (sequentially, i.e., again after the first Publish appears to have completed). This usually does the trick. FWIW, I've gotten in the habit of hitting that Publish button twice almost all the time now.

Danny

DMS works out of the box, we are not saying that DMS is bug free. However, the issue posted above is most certainly created by either a plugin installed and or server configuration. This is by no means an excuse and I am not sure why you would say we would make an excuse.

If a DMS user reports some odd behaviour our staff will investigate the issue and see if they can recreate it. If we can't, then we simply can't report the problem, as our developer require steps to reproduce the issue. Therefore, is we can't recreate it, the likely cause is something on the users system such as custom code, third party plugin or in most cases the users actual hosting environment and by that I mean cheap web hosting.

If you're having to hit the publish button more than once, then the likely cause is a plugin such as a cache plugin or something that has JS and/or your actual server.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mtaus

Danny thanks for the reply. 'Excuse' is probably the wrong word. My apologies. I'm a big fan of what you guys are doing and I know first hand that developing software, especially a framework of this size, is an iterative process with a very long queue of priorities. 

That being said, I do believe that there is a method to workaround plugin conflicts. For example, I wonder whether the framework could use an MD5 checksum to fingerprint a page configuration and check the DB after publish to ensure a match.

Cheers to the Pagelines team for the great product and patient support.

kboyle10

Sorry I'm just replying now. Thanks guys. Yeah... not sure. I don't use any cacheing plugins. But I do use a couple that may not play friendly with Pagelines. 

I'll try messing around with somethings. 

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?