Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barkingsheltie

Customize h2 tag in footer

barkingsheltie

Generic how to question.

Using columnizer in footer, with widgets. Text and footer nav.

To change h2 tags. 

1. I assume I can't add custom class - since the widgets Im using are text only. This would be appropriate only when I have text box in a section, or using loop, correct?

2. If I add custom css to pagelines custom less/css, this will change h2 tags any time I user columnizer & _any_ widget, not just with footer? 

If that's not the case, can someone just give brief description how one might do this - generic change color, text weight. 

Thanks in advance. 

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Danny

HI,

1. Not sure what you mean ?

2. If you add custom CSS for the h2 tag then it will style the h2 throughout your site wherever and whenever it is used.

Text weight can be changed via the typography settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

barkingsheltie

Hi Danny,

Typical work flow:

To customize footer.

1. Add canvas section to footer.

2. Drop in columnzer to canvas section.

3. In columnizer, choose widget

In this case, used sidebar-manager to make a custom sidebar, called test_footer. I dropped two text widget & one navigation. Added titles in the appropriate box. Of course these already have class "widgettitile". If I use the following custom css, 

.widget .widgettitle {
  color:red;
}

Every instance of columnizer will affect all h2 tages. 

I only want to affect h2 tag in columnizer that is in footer. 

The 'custom class' field that is generally present in any section, in order to use, you need some way to assigning the class to the item. In the case of widgets used by columnizer, I do not see how you would accomplish this. Maybe Im misunderstanding..

Is this the time you want to use inline css - and if so, could you give me an example?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Danny

All widgets used have a class and/or a unique ID, you can use this to style the h2 tags in your Columnizer. You can even use the unique ID of that Columnizer to style the h2 tags.

For example:

#YourColumnizerID h2 { color: red; font-size: 34px; }

You will need to replace #YourColumnizerID with the correct ID.

barkingsheltie

Thanks Danny. 

Issue resolved. Of course, this still leaves the question of why I have so many single socks...

All widgets used have a class and/or a unique ID, you can use this to style the h2 tags in your Columnizer. You can even use the unique ID of that Columnizer to style the h2 tags.

For example:

#YourColumnizerID h2 { color: red; font-size: 34px; }

You will need to replace #YourColumnizerID with the correct ID.

Richard P. Feynman

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?