Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topjaba

Cannot Delete Sections/Elements

topjaba

Hello,

Since having updated to the most recent version of the PL Updater plugin this morning, one can no longer delete sections or elements of pages.  

What happens when attempting to delete: the screen goes dark and where presumably there might be a pop up window asking the user to verify this option, there is no such dialogue - the screen simply remains dark and there is no way to verify the option to delete.  

I have tried this on several pages with different templates.  I have logged in and out repeatedly.  I have alt-tabbed to various windows in case the pop-up dialogue might be rendering off the page.  Nothing works.

Danny

Hi,

Can you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't can you provide a link to the site in question, make sure DMS Debug mode is active (DMS toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced) and also, if possible can you record the issue using either QuickCast or Jing, both are free application.

Please search our forums, before posting!

atcdomainsolutions

I have just noticed this too with version 2.1.5.  I go to delete something and it was working (no added plugins or anything) and then all of a sudden, I go to delete a media box and the screen goes dark but nothing drops down.  This just started happening on a new project and now I'm stuck since I can't figure out what is going on.  Again, I have been working on the site for over an hour and have not installed any new plugins since I started building besides the ones I always start with and it just started happening randomly.  

atcdomainsolutions

Ok, did the plugin by plugin deal (after deactivating all) and even though I have used this plugin on the past 15+ sites I have built, I'm guessing the latest update to "Shortcodes Ultimate" and "Shortcodes Ultimate: Extra Shortcodes" is the culprit behind the dropdown not appearing when trying to delete a section or element.  Sucks since it's a cool plugin.

Any suggestions on any other shortcode plugins?  

Danny

Unfortunately, I can't provide any feedback as I have never used a shortcode plugin. You could create your own, using this site as a reference - http://generatewp.com/shortcodes/

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?