Sign in to follow this  
theterribletwos

Increase Font Size of a Post

theterribletwos

I notice that the font size of each post is the same. How do you increase the font size? The content of each post seems to be getting lost in the layout of the website. Here's the website: http://theterribletwos.com/. Thanks!

catrina

To increase the font size, add this to the base.css file (Appearance > Editor) in the child theme:

div.entry_content {font-size: 16px;}

(You can replace the number 16 with 17 or 18 to increase the size even further)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theterribletwos

Do I have to install the child theme to make these edits? Or can I input it directly in the Custom CSS?

theterribletwos

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to change anything. Stumped.

catrina

Hm, either my solution didn't work or it would have to be put in the base.css file. One more thing: do you want the font size to be increased in the posts page and individual post page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

theterribletwos

I want the font size in the content of each post to be larger on both the posts page and the individual post.

cmunns

I think the CSS would be more like this `.entry_content p {font-size: 16px;}`

theterribletwos

Guys, thanks for helping out, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I inputed the code into the Custom CSS and it doesn't appear to be changing the font size. Not sure what's going on. Any thoughts?

bryan-hadaway

Use just: `.entry_content{font-size:16px}` Thanks, Bryan

theterribletwos

Tried that. Didn't work. Do updates take a while to show up on the PlatformPro. I was making changes to Custom CSS and some were showing up others weren't. My website been all screwy lately. Not sure what is up.

catrina

Instead of adding the CSS to the Custom Code box, add it to the base.css file instead in the child theme.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

theterribletwos

Do I have to install the child theme? I'm not really familiar with how that works? Sorry, could you give me a few more pointers?

catrina

The child theme is referred to as Platform Base. It is packaged along with the PlatformPro theme (also, you must rename it "platformpro" in the themes folder so that it can work).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cmunns

Also, make sure you stay on top of version changes. In your launchpad account check the changelog next to the product you have to compare version numbers to what reflects in your WP Theme page

theterribletwos

Okay, thanks for the information guys!!